Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I am Satmar Chassidish AMA
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:37 am
amother Quince wrote:
I'm loving this thread! Thank you for giving us a peek into your life, OP! As someone who lives in a completely different kind of community in a different country, I love learning more about your life. Also, you're so gracious in your responses to others- so nice to see.

Thanks 😊

amother
  Burlywood

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 8:42 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Shavy kahan is the original founder she’s satmar monroe

K

dankbar

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:50 am
Hatzoloh was founded by Hershel weber and Moshe Hoffman, dont think they were satmar. I won't discount though that Satmar is big on chessed and helping others, and most big org/operations were started or are currently conducted by Satmar.

abound  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 9:54 am
Hershel webber is from williamsburg

amother
  Firebrick  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:02 am
amother Red wrote:
I just want to make some people aware that it's not PC to chime in with your experiences on AMA threads (general threads of course say whatever you want, but AMA threads are meant to interact with the OP and not a public conversation).

There's nothing wrong with other members sharing a different experience or reality than the OP of an AMA. Or sharing they believe the OPs experience is an outlier and unrepresentative.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:05 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
There's nothing wrong with other members sharing a different experience or reality than the OP of an AMA. Or sharing they believe the OPs experience is an outlier and unrepresentative.

I am only sharing my personal truth. If anyone has a different experience they are free to respectfully chime in. Don't discount my experience because it doesn't match yours

amother
  Firebrick  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:06 am
dankbar wrote:
Hatzoloh was founded by Hershel weber and Moshe Hoffman, dont think they were satmar. I won't discount though that Satmar is big on chessed and helping others, and most big org/operations were started or are currently conducted by Satmar.

Hatzalah was founded by Heshel Weber in Williamsburg at the behest of the original Satmar Rebbe.

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:08 am
abound wrote:
Hershel webber is from williamsburg

True. That doesn't make him Satmar though

amother
  Poinsettia  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:08 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
Chaim medical was founded by Shevy Kahan from kj. Pessy Schlafrig from bp works for her.

Refuah helpline was founded by Chana Breindel landau from kj.

I know them all personally.

This! She named the organization Chaim after her son.

amother
  Poinsettia

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:10 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
one of the founders of chaim medical is Pessy Schlafarig ( ausch) She is Pupa.

Pesky Schlafarig works for Shavy Kahan

amother
Freesia  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:50 am
Threads like these really upset me. Although op mentioned that she's speaking for herself, it's really painting a wrong picture on satmar for those who are not familiar.
I'm trying to figure out what your point of your ama thread is.

abound  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:54 am
amother Freesia wrote:
Threads like these really upset me. Although op mentioned that she's speaking for herself, it's really painting a wrong picture on satmar for those who are not familiar.

Why dont u start ur own ama satmer thread from a different pov

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:07 am
amother Freesia wrote:

I'm really sorry you feel that way. In what way do you think I'm misrepresenting Satmar?

amother
  Freesia  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
I was making fun of the fact that if I would wear black tights it would be worse than carrying on Shabbos LOL ( there's an eruv in Williamsburg that Satmar doesn't accept)

Op, this is just one example

The satmar girls being chutzpedig is another
Black tights being "modern" another example...

amother
  Firebrick  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:15 am
amother Freesia wrote:

Is your contention that black tights are acceptable in Satmar?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:18 am
amother Freesia wrote:

I didn't say Satmar girls are chutzpa'dig, I said they have a certain chutzpah that is largely associated with the hustle culture that is so prevalent in the community.

If I would wear black tights with my shoulder length sheitel it would be considered "modern". Some rebbisha and other women with shpitzels wear black tights but that is a different story. They would never wear beige stockings.

There is an eruv in Williamsburg that Satmar doesn't hold of.

Anything else?

amother
  Freesia  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:23 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Is your contention that black tights are acceptable in Satmar?

It's not acceptable. But that doesn't make it modern. It's just against the satmar dress code. I wouldn't describe a satmar woman modern if she chooses to wear black tights. I would rather describe her as an outcast.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:28 am
amother Freesia wrote:
It's not acceptable. But that doesn't make it modern. It's just against the satmar dress code. I wouldn't describe a satmar woman modern if she chooses to wear black tights. I would rather describe her as an outcast.

Potato po-tah-to

amother
  Firebrick  

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 1:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

If I would wear black tights with my shoulder length sheitel it would be considered "modern". Some rebbisha and other women with shpitzels wear black tights but that is a different story. They would never wear beige stockings.

I totally don't get it. If Satmar Rebbishe Rebbetzins and those with shpizels wear black tights, why would it be considered "modern" for other Satmar women to wear it??

Also, which women wear a shpitzel and which women are not supposed to wear a shpitzel?

amother
  Red

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I totally don't get it. If Satmar Rebbishe Rebbetzins and those with shpizels wear black tights, why would it be considered "modern" for other Satmar women to wear it??

Also, which women wear a shpitzel and which women are not supposed to wear a shpitzel?

I'm satmar and I have the same question... Never got an answer
Page 8 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics