Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Chossidmom's thread about childhood vaccines
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 27  28  29  Next

amother
  Mustard  

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 11:07 am
amother Oak wrote:
Nope. Too close to Shabbos to explain more but nope.
Which part isn’t true?

#BestBubby  

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 11:15 am
amother Oak wrote:
I do read what you post. And it’s all been disproven.
Amish kids unfortunately get sick just like everyone else.
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....9D0IN

The Verdict was Amish do not have "zero" prevalence of autism, diabetes and cancer.

But the article admitted much lower incidences of autism, diabetes and cancer than general population.

The article admitted that more than half of Amish vaccinate - and that Special Needs Amish were mostly vaccinated!!!

Trademark  

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 11:43 am
#BestBubby wrote:
The Verdict was Amish do not have "zero" prevalence of autism, diabetes and cancer.

But the article admitted much lower incidences of autism, diabetes and cancer than general population.

The article admitted that more than half of Amish vaccinate - and that Special Needs Amish were mostly vaccinated!!!

I don't see how you came to that conclusion.

The "verdict" was a direct response to the claim that there is zero. Here are some direct quotes.

"Type-2 diabetes, which is usually associated with obesity and aging, is less common in the Amish community overall than in other U.S. populations, a finding researchers attribute in part to high physical activity levels in Amish farming communities (here)" (who said it's got to do anything with vaccines, can't it be genetics and higher physical activity?)

But other research had different conclusions.

" Dr. Douglas Vaughan, chair of medicine at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, who has studied Old Order Amish communities in northeastern Indiana, said in an email that he and his colleagues found “typical prevalence of diabetes in the community as a whole.”

"Other studies have also documented cancer among the Amish, finding their rates to be lower than those in the general population, but studies also point to lower rates of cancer screening that may contribute to those differences (here )." (again they shun the world modern and use modern medicine way less, so they might not test as often.)

Again they are not the type to take their children to behavioral assessments.

"But outside such studies, Amish children might not be diagnosed as often. Based on his work with Amish families, Vaughan said he is uncertain whether an Amish couple would take their child in for a “behavioral assessment” that would allow for an accurate diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder."

also they didn't say special needs are mostly vaccinated it said, "although special needs children had higher vaccination rates than other Amish children". How much higher? 2%, 10%, 15%? It doesn't say in the article. Also special needs can mean a lot of things, like down syndrome or other SN needs that are children are born with that are no way affected by vaccinations. more details are needed before making any conclusions. Another thing that might explain the difference is that Amish parents that are more likely to vaccinate may be more likely to take their children for assessments.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Aug 04 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
I vaccinated my older kids fully, and regret it today. My younger kids are not vaccinated- for those who don't vaccinate, what do you do about the tetanus vaccine? I'm always worried what happens in case of injury

Would you mind sharing what you do with school? Ive been delaying vaccines for 2 years; the school is on top of me to vaccinate.

whatup

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Would you mind sharing what you do with school? Ive been delaying vaccines for 2 years; the school is on top of me to vaccinate.

I would like to know as well.

amother
Firethorn  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:45 am
https://www.nvic.org found this. In case you run into issues with schools, know your rights

amother
  Jean

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 4:47 am
#BestBubby wrote:

Yeah because autism is a bad as cancer... Of course, I would like to have my children have leukemia rather than autism...

/s

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:03 am
The Amish do not use cars, cellphones, microwaves, eat processed food, take birth control

Their dairy and meat isn't full of chemicals and hormones and junk.

All these things cause so many health problems for the general population. There's so many factors here besides vaccines.

amother
  Hunter  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:20 am
amother Jean wrote:
Yeah because autism is a bad as cancer... Of course, I would like to have my children have leukemia rather than autism...

/s

of course not
the key here would be statistics
prevalence
risk factor
risk benefit analysis

amother
  Oak  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:22 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The Amish do not use cars, cellphones, microwaves, eat processed food, take birth control

Their dairy and meat isn't full of chemicals and hormones and junk.

All these things cause so many health problems for the general population. There's so many factors here besides vaccines.

And the Amish get cancer, autism, sick just as much (if not more) than everyone else. The difference is they don’t go to doctors as often, so things aren’t diagnosed, so it appears that numbers are lower.
They also have lots of genetic illnesses from family members marrying each other for generations.

amother
  Oak  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 7:27 am
#BestBubby wrote:

Correlation is not causation. Special needs kids are at risk for many more things than other children. For example, most newborns don’t wear glasses. Preemies can have eye issues and need glasses. So does being a preemie make a baby need glasses? Not usually. But it can happen.
If the Amish really has such a wonderful lifestyle, their community wouldn’t be shrinking.

GLUE  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:24 am
amother Oak wrote:
Correlation is not causation. Special needs kids are at risk for many more things than other children. For example, most newborns don’t wear glasses. Preemies can have eye issues and need glasses. So does being a preemie make a baby need glasses? Not usually. But it can happen.
If the Amish really has such a wonderful lifestyle, their community wouldn’t be shrinking.

Are their community's shrinking? I was reading a few years ago how their community has doubled since 2000. That 85% of children born in the faith stay.

amother
  Mustard  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:33 am
amother Oak wrote:
If more preemies have vision issues requiring glasses than full term babies, then it's likely that something about being born prematurely caused those vision issues.
Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but sometimes it does. Correlation is the beginning of scientific inquiry. And unless you can definitely rule out that there's no link, and as long as there's plausibility, it's perfectly logical to assume to believe that some correlations are actually causal.

amother
  Oak  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 11:39 am
amother Mustard wrote:
If more preemies have vision issues requiring glasses than full term babies, then it's likely that something about being born prematurely caused those vision issues.
Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but sometimes it does. Correlation is the beginning of scientific inquiry. And unless you can definitely rule out that there's no link, and as long as there's plausibility, it's perfectly logical to assume to believe that some correlations are actually causal.

Thanks for saying what I said in different words.

Chickensoupprof  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:27 pm
Vaccines don't cause autism yeah it was written in the Lancet and the Lancet has RETRACTED this. And there has been 294239048209348 research since...

Autism is a really really complex disorder we have a list of symptoms and a bit of guessing where it might stem from but vaccinations are not one of them. But I bet that some of you just did not want me to be alive is that it? A funny genocide a small one for all of the ASD population... Because this myth is really ableist and when I say this I'm of course a nasty filthy lefwing liberal ok gezunterheit but it is a myth.

amother
  Oak  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 1:59 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Vaccines don't cause autism yeah it was written in the Lancet and the Lancet has RETRACTED this. And there has been 294239048209348 research since...

Autism is a really really complex disorder we have a list of symptoms and a bit of guessing where it might stem from but vaccinations are not one of them. But I bet that some of you just did not want me to be alive is that it? A funny genocide a small one for all of the ASD population... Because this myth is really ableist and when I say this I'm of course a nasty filthy lefwing liberal ok gezunterheit but it is a myth.

I find that people who are anti vax are grasping at straws. They want to find a reason as to why ______ happened to them. They don’t go to mainstream doctors, they go to “natural” or “homeopathic” practitioners, some (most?) of whom have less oversight than mainstream doctors, and then are brainwashed.
(For the record, I do go to chiropractors etc, when something warrants it. But I will walk out as soon as they tell me that they can cure chronic ear infections or diabetes. That is malpractice. Cracking a back or adjusting the spine won’t cure ear infections. Sorry.)

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:11 pm
amother Oak wrote:
I find that people who are anti vax are grasping at straws. They want to find a reason as to why ______ happened to them. They don’t go to mainstream doctors, they go to “natural” or “homeopathic” practitioners, some (most?) of whom have less oversight than mainstream doctors, and then are brainwashed.
(For the record, I do go to chiropractors etc, when something warrants it. But I will walk out as soon as they tell me that they can cure chronic ear infections or diabetes. That is malpractice. Cracking a back or adjusting the spine won’t cure ear infections. Sorry.)

The same here. Also sometimes we just don't know the reason and those malpractice people they earn LOTS of money. Like literally, the whole supplement industry millions and millions and the anti vax natural health people all think they are tzadikim.

amother
  Oak  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 2:13 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
The same here. Also sometimes we just don't know the reason and those malpractice people they earn LOTS of money. Like literally, the whole supplement industry millions and millions and the anti vax natural health people all think they are tzadikim.

Supplements are so dangerous. No one knows what’s really in them. So many things can react with other things. Baruch HaShem for the FDA and other government orgs to oversee drug companies.

#BestBubby  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:46 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Supplements are so dangerous. No one knows what’s really in them. So many things can react with other things. Baruch HaShem for the FDA and other government orgs to oversee drug companies.

The FDA approved the covid clot shot that is killing millions world wide.

FDA also approved Viox that killed tens of thousands.

Many FDA approved drugs are withdrawn within 5 years.

The FDA is allowed to accept "gifts" aka bribes from pharmaceutical Industry.

Don't hear about being being killed by supplements.

amother
Denim  

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 3:46 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
The FDA approved the covid clot shot that is killing millions world wide.

FDA also approved Viox that killed tens of thousands.

Many FDA approved drugs are withdrawn within 5 years.

The FDA is allowed to accept "gifts" aka bribes from pharmaceutical Industry.

Don't hear about being being killed by supplements.

Source please?
Page 15 of 29   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 27  28  29  Next Recent Topics