Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster itinerary - update page 4 '23, update page 7 '24
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Azure  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:21 am
Did this last year. This was my itinerary.

Sunday. Left early morning. Straight to dutch wonderland. Was there alllllll day until it closed. Kids LOVED it.

Stayed in Hilton DoubleTree with water park.

Monday. Kreidera farm cholov yisroel milk tour. Was AMAZING. Ttly have to do it.
Horse and buggy ride. Drove around Amish. We ended up by the Amish experience which I didn't like.

Tuesday: cherry crest farm all day. Kids love and left home straight from there.

Food. I brought BBQ and Betty crocker.

You can't really pack in much more per day.

amother
  Junglegreen  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:25 am
For food the shul has a small breakfast lunch and dinner menu but we didn't order from them.
all I brought was the betty crocker and used it to make baked ziti, salmon, scrambled eggs, waffles, rice etc

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 9:46 am
amother Maize wrote:
if you don't keep cholov yisrael theres turkey hill experience. and they give unlimited free ice cream and tea/lemonade samples , my kids like going there. good for a 1-2 hrs. we've combined it with the science factory same day.

I was planning on the science factory being a whole day trip. Do you think that is realistic? Also my 8.5 year old loves science, but do you think my 4.5 year old will enjoy it? Is is fun and interactive?

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 9:48 am
amother Copper wrote:
We were just in Lancaster, in Tiny Town, which is somewhat similar to Hands On House, and I asked a random lady there if she knew any good playgrounds nearby and she told me about an incredible one, called Treehouse Playground in Littitz, we went for about an hour and my kids were only disappointed we didn't go longer. It was a really beautiful playground, it had ziplines that little kids could do, and a section for 2-5 yr olds, I highly recommend.

Does treehouse playground have a sprinkler?

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 9:53 am
amother Oak wrote:
another beautiful similar type park is Amos Herr Park1700 Nissley Rd, Landisville, PA 17538

Does this park have a sprinkler?

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 9:54 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
If we can go to only Cherry Crest Farms or to Dutch Wonderland, which would be the better choice?

Definitely cherry Crest farm. Dutch wonderland is fun but it's just an amusement park, and you can find something similar anywhere. Cherry Crest farm has many unique activites.

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:00 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
What does everyone do for meals?

We bring along everything.

Breakfast- cereal, milk, yogurt, fruit
Lunch- bread/pita/bagels with spreads (tuna, eggs, cream cheese, lox spread)
Dinner-bbq or tuv taam frozen dairy meals warmed up on Betty Crocker.
Snacks-easy fruits and veggies with no cutting (like grapes, baby carrots) and snack bags, granola bars etc

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:02 am
mindala wrote:
What ages is the hands on house for?

Definitely up till age 10 will enjoy it. Maybe even past that, depending on your kids

amother
Amethyst  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:30 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
Definitely cherry Crest farm. Dutch wonderland is fun but it's just an amusement park, and you can find something similar anywhere. Cherry Crest farm has many unique activites.

do you think my 2 year old would like cherry crest farm? shes quite babyish and simple, would really just enjoy a simple playground and touching some animals

amother
  Copper  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:34 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
Does treehouse playground have a sprinkler?

No, I don't think it did.

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:41 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
do you think my 2 year old would like cherry crest farm? shes quite babyish and simple, would really just enjoy a simple playground and touching some animals

Do you have older children? If my oldest was 2 I would not go there. But if you have older children then it's worth going and there are some age appopriate stuff for 2 year old (small petting zoo, a play town with diff stations/props/dress up, corn barn etc)

amother
  Amethyst  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 10:56 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
Do you have older children? If my oldest was 2 I would not go there. But if you have older children then it's worth going and there are some age appopriate stuff for 2 year old (small petting zoo, a play town with diff stations/props/dress up, corn barn etc)

I only have her for now
im trying to get ideas of what to do for her!

amother
  Copper  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 11:08 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
I only have her for now

I suggest Old Windmill Farm then, my 2 year old enjoyed! She was able to participate in everything

amother
Turquoise  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 11:14 am
My kids loved the railroad but they are very little. I can see it being boring for older kids.
Also, I felt like it was a bit overpriced for the amount of time that it took. If I'm paying that much per person I'd want an attraction that takes up more time.
We did Amish buggy rides also - it was really nice and cute but also not so major. My kids were more excited about the train!

Both of these are half day activities. Cherry crest and Dutch Wonderland is full day.

amother
  Turquoise  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 11:18 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
What does everyone do for meals?

The shul has a small temporary "restaurant" where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast menu is bagels, coffee, pastries etc. Lunch is pizza type of things. For dinner they have chicken tenders, schnitzel sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers...
The food is good and it makes your vacation so much easier!!

amother
  Junglegreen

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 12:34 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
I only have her for now

Im also in lancaster with just a 20 month old.
We went to the hands on house, mini horse farm, roots farmers market (she stayed in her stroller, bought her a stuffed animal) that fish place (she played with the kittens) rented a pool
we're doing kreider farm today and possibly a buggy ride

amother
  Amethyst  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 4:56 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Im also in lancaster with just a 20 month old.
We went to the hands on house, mini horse farm, roots farmers market (she stayed in her stroller, bought her a stuffed animal) that fish place (she played with the kittens) rented a pool
we're doing kreider farm today and possibly a buggy ride

awesome, adding to my list!

amother
  Maize

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 6:51 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I was planning on the science factory being a whole day trip. Do you think that is realistic? Also my 8.5 year old loves science, but do you think my 4.5 year old will enjoy it? Is is fun and interactive?

depends like if you stay in the pool at the hotel for the morning, have lunch and go for the whole afternoon I can see that working. Or if you went earlier but then found a playground later/or hotel pool later if they had enough. you can spend a few hours there if they do everytihing. its all one big room but there really is a lot to do there. my kids have been there a few times and theres always a few stations they decide to stay at for a long time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it can be the only main thing planned for the day but dont expect them to be entertained from open to close. if you're near the hershy world place maybe do that bec that doesnt take long...

amother
Garnet  

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:24 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
The shul has a small temporary "restaurant" where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast menu is bagels, coffee, pastries etc. Lunch is pizza type of things. For dinner they have chicken tenders, schnitzel sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers...
The food is good and it makes your vacation so much easier!!

Does the restaurant have dine in seating or is it just take out?

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Aug 08 2023, 7:31 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:

I went with a one year old that loved it. There is so much to touch and do. They have a lot for toddlers.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics