Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Update —TMI my sons p….
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:38 am
I don’t know who else to ask . I’ve asked my pediatrician and he said it’s normal it’s just like kids a little chubbier might have this. Basically his p-nis head doesn’t stay out. He has to push the sides for it to come out. It bothers him as he pushes it so much throughout the day. When he was young I figured it’s baby fat and it’ll be go away , but hes 9 and it’s still a big problem. He sometimes pees all over the seat as the head is inside and he can’t aim.
Anyone have this , is it really normal because he’s chubby??? It doesn’t make sense to me. Could the moel have messed up back then and I had no clue

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:41 am
That's a type some people are born with unfortunately. Chubby doesn't help the matter but doesn't fix it to be thin. Mohel did not cause it.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:58 am
I don't know if this helps you. My son's is also in. But bh not to the extent that he sprays all over. Did you go to a urologist? My son is also chubby

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:12 am
My son was born with this, his pediatrician called it hydrocele. For him it went away when he was a baby.

I think it's worth taking him to a urologist if it's causing him discomfort and trouble urinating. It could be that they'll tell you it will resolve with puberty when his t*sticles descend, but at least you'll have a more thorough examination. Pediatricians are often quick to dismiss everything as 'normal' but why should your son suffer if there's possibly something that can be done to help?

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:28 am
I had it with my third son when he was a baby, went away when he was about 2ish
I know the drs not concerned, but would it be worth it to go to a urologist? Maybe it’ll be fine once he hits puberty which isn’t so far off…

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 12:26 pm
It usually grows during puberty (duh) and gets resolved that way

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 12:33 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
My son was born with this, his pediatrician called it hydrocele. For him it went away when he was a baby.

I think it's worth taking him to a urologist if it's causing him discomfort and trouble urinating. It could be that they'll tell you it will resolve with puberty when his t*sticles descend, but at least you'll have a more thorough examination. Pediatricians are often quick to dismiss everything as 'normal' but why should your son suffer if there's possibly something that can be done to help?

What OP is describing is not a hydrocele. A hydrocele is when there is excess fluid around the testicles. My son had this as a baby. It didn't go away completely so he had a surgery at age 11 before hitting puberty.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:46 pm
I appreciate all responses. Anyone else who dealt with this I would love to hear . As a baby I didn’t think so much of it bec he was chubby so doc said push down so it pops out when u clean him in diaper. But now he’s big and I feel so bad .

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 1:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate all responses. Anyone else who dealt with this I would love to hear . As a baby I didn’t think so much of it bec he was chubby so doc said push down so it pops out when u clean him in diaper. But now he’s big and I feel so bad .

I had this with one of my kids and it was so bad as a baby that eventually it got stuck inside.
I took him to a urologist & we did a procedure to yank it out.
Usually, the doctors say that as they go through puberty it'll eventually stay out by themselves but I would definitely go to a urologist and not just a pediatrician, esp if it's affecting his life. It's just an appt, it's no big deal.

amother
Leaf  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:50 pm
My son had this after his Bris I found it so scary, we took him to a urologist who said it was OK. he outgrew it when he was a toddler. I would definitely take him to a urologist.

amother
Chambray  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t know who else to ask . I’ve asked my pediatrician and he said it’s normal it’s just like kids a little chubbier might have this. Basically his p-nis head doesn’t stay out. He has to push the sides for it to come out. It bothers him as he pushes it so much throughout the day. When he was young I figured it’s baby fat and it’ll be go away , but hes 9 and it’s still a big problem. He sometimes pees all over the seat as the head is inside and he can’t aim.
Anyone have this , is it really normal because he’s chubby??? It doesn’t make sense to me. Could the moel have messed up back then and I had no clue

Omggg I worry about this everyday ! I even always think about posting here ! Even the ages match up ! I rly needed to see this thanks so much for posting . Dr said it was from fat when he was a baby but he’s not a baby anymore or fat! Im so uncomfortable bringing it up by the dr especially in front of my son bec don’t want to embarrass him , but once I did and she said prob bris wasn’t done Great. She said will go away but I’m not so sure , if anything it’s has gotten worse .

amother
  Chambray  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:59 pm
Also my sons comes enough when he urinates so that’s not a problem bh. But it drives me nuts , im constantly worrying about it , like it shouldn’t effect him when he’s married …also I don’t wanna wait until puberty to ses if it resolves bec at tht point he will b too embarrassed to tell me if anything is wrong so how would I know ?? My son doesn’t even know that it’s a problem , he thinks it’s normal .

amother
Mintcream  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:47 pm
Following, my toddler (almost 3) has always been VERY fat, since he was a baby at 99.999999 BMI. His is messed up, to the extent we assumed the mohel did something wrong. The mohel intentionally showed up late and was rushed, and then the baby bled excessively overnight. We took him to an emergency urologist the next day who called us barbaric and removed the wrapping to stop the bleeding. Anyway, as he grew the foreskin (or whatever it is?) More than partially enclosed the head, and we took him to a new urologist who insisted it just looks that way because he's fat. He's bigger now and not as fat and it still looks that way. I've always been worried he won't look like other boys. Unsure what to do.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 10:59 pm
My son also had this issue.
Mohel said it was because he's chubby.
When he was about 3 months we went to him again.
He said it's good we came to him, he did something at the time(not sure what to be honest). Seemed like be pulled back the foreskin a bit and did something with his nail.
He told us that we should constantly pull it back and put Vaseline, otherwise it could get stuck in until puberty.

I never realized how common it was.

I hope it gets better for you son!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:00 pm
I also worry about when he gets married and how it can affect him. Any urologist one recommends that is nice and discrete with a 9 year old boy. I don’t even know how I would do this, he refused to let my pediatrician look, how will I convince him to show a urologist

amother
  Chambray  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:03 pm
If u do end up going please come back here and update . Does he know what’s wrong ? Explain to him how urologist will help. I have well
Visit in September and I plan on bringing
It up to the Dr again .

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:04 pm
My one year old has this…mohel and doctor both said it’s cuz he’s chubby. Doctor told me “don’t worry, your grandkids are safe!”

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:11 pm
I would have him checked out by a mohel just to be sure that the Bris kosher. My husband is a mohel and so I’ve learned a thing or two. I recently was doing a favor for a neighbor and watching her toddler and needed to change his diaper. I felt so strange doing this but I called my husband over to show him that the bris looks questionable and he agreed. He is closer with the father of the child than I am with the mother so he’s waiting for the appropriate time to tell the father (of course after discussing with a rov that he should)

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:38 pm
When he pops it out it looks normal… it just often or most of the time it’s mostly inside

amother
  Leaf

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 4:28 am
Just want to add that it definitely was connected to his Bris, that the mohel cut less than usual or something like that and we asked 2 different mohalim to check it out and it was kosher. I thought the mohel was too old and wouldn't use him for my next son. Unfortunately a couple of years later he caused terrible damage when doing a Bris. I wish I could have somehow reported him.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics