Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
  Bronze  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
What would a sufficient response look like?

Forgive us, anti vaxxers, for we have sinned.

amother
  Silver  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:59 pm
sympa wrote:
Just curious why you believe the several studies linking your chronic condition with the vaccine (which, by the way, I'm sorry to hear you're in the small percentage of people who have personal experience with these known side effects) but you don't believe the studies that show that the measles cause encephalitis? Nor the studies that vaccines don't cause encephalitis?

I don't doubt that measles causes encephalitis. I also don't doubt vaccines cause side effects listed in their adverse reaction section on their insert and I also don't doube the validity of the studies linking my issues with the vaccine I had just had. My post was in response to the post I quoted there.

amother
  Silver  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:03 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
The news? Who is going to pain the family by putting this death in the news?

That's something the health department would publicize. Particularly with trying to get more people to vaccinate. Also, you'd think the family would take up the good cause to get more people vaccinated. Also, word of mouth. People talk. Presumably this family knows people who know other people who know other people. I haven't heard a word about it. Wondering I anyone else here did.

amother
  Bronze  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:14 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
That's something the health department would publicize. Particularly with trying to get more people to vaccinate. Also, you'd think the family would take up the good cause to get more people vaccinated. Also, word of mouth. People talk. Presumably this family knows people who know other people who know other people. I haven't heard a word about it. Wondering I anyone else here did.
The health department absolutely does not call the news stations with every case during an outbreak. Not sure what gave you that idea. It's up to the family to invite this kind of publicity, or not.

amother
  Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Nothing is safe for everyone which is why doctors always ask if the patient has any allergies to medication.
Mandated vaccination existed in the US when it still belonged to the British. Yes it was only one and I don't know how many colonists had autism but it has been in medical literature since 1911.
This is one situation where drilling a hole under your seat in the boat sinks it for everyone else. Basically you would have to convince the rest of society to give up any expectations of a disease free life in order to grant the freedom to choose and I don't see that happening.

And my son had seizures for 2 years starting a few hours after his second dose of flu shot at age 5. Because there were no active outbreaks, the doctors would not give him any more vaccines. I have posted about that before.

you posted that without going into detail. You claimed he had an ME. For someone with this exact reaction, a ME is impossible to get in NY.

amother
  Bisque  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:31 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Based on this site you brought we seem to be on the same side of vaccines do more good than bad.
But my experience with antivaxers is they don't trust big pharmas research, so I'm throwing in anecdotes which is how they do research so they can trust it.

I'm actually an anti-vaxxer.

I gave the MMR, and only the MMR, only after measles came to the US and it was clear that the outbreak was unconfined, and only to my children over age 2. Oh, and only one dose. I figured that 93% was enough hishtadlus for me to help protect others.

I made my decisions based on studies and data, which did not make a compelling case for vaccinating.

I'm happy to trust anyone's research, if it is a well-designed study that addresses basic vaccine safety. I haven't found it yet.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:32 pm
What would a sufficient response look like?

US studies that show the long-term safety of the current vaccine schedule. Not only for 2 years. Not only for respiratory ailments. Not only for individual vaccines. Not only for autism. Not in Denmark or in Japan.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:34 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
you posted that without going into detail. You claimed he had an ME. For someone with this exact reaction, a ME is impossible to get in NY.

Southernbubby didn't live in NY when she her son was getting childhood vaccinations.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:34 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

I gave the MMR, and only the MMR, only after measles came to the US and it was clear that the outbreak was unconfined, and only to my children over age 2. Oh, and only one dose. I figured that 93% was enough hishtadlus for me to help protect others.

I made my decisions based on studies and data, which did not make a compelling case for vaccinating.

I'm happy to trust anyone's research, if it is a well-designed study that addresses basic vaccine safety. I haven't found it yet.

Same.

amother
  cornflower  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:56 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
US studies that show the long-term safety of the current vaccine schedule. Not only for 2 years. Not only for respiratory ailments. Not only for individual vaccines. Not only for autism. Not in Denmark or in Japan.

Since the current vaccination study has not been around long enough to present the finding from a long term study - nobody is going to be able to locate the results of that study for you.

Is that sufficient?

amother
  Bisque  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:59 pm
It would be nice to even see a USA study of the long-term effects of the THEN-vaccine schedule.

amother
  Silver  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:00 pm

My doctor wrote a medical exemption for my kids for vaccine I had issues with. School accepted it.

amother
  cornflower  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:02 pm
It would be nice to even see a USA study of the long-term effects of the THEN-vaccine schedule.

THEN-vaccine schedule? which is that?

amother
  Bronze  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:11 pm

I have a feeling this would be a "no true Scotsman" situation.

southernbubby  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:16 pm

He grew up in Detroit. It probably would not have harmed him to get other vaccines but the doctors told us to rely on herd immunity. I questioned this several times over the years but no doctor wanted to vaccinate him. He had been a fragile preemie. At that time, I would have imagined that religious exemptions were also legal in Michigan because I know someone who used one until recently but the frum schools and camps no longer accept them.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:19 pm
Since the current vaccination study has not been around long enough to present the finding from a long term study - nobody is going to be able to locate the results of that study for you.

Is that sufficient?

No.
Big problem.
Don't mandate a schedule that hasn't been around long enough to prove its safety.

amother
  Black  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:20 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
My doctor wrote a medical exemption for my kids for vaccine I had issues with. School accepted it.

School will accept anything; they don't know the laws. When DOH will pay them a visit or audit their immunization records, I hope the ME you have for your kids based on a reaction *you* had holds up. DOH has been known to void ME's they don't hold are valid, even if the doctor signed off on it, which BTW, is also very rare. Doctors are very wary of signing a ME.

southernbubby  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:26 pm

It would have solved a lot of problems if everyone would have been as considerate as you were. Instead, they went to rallies and called hotlines in order to strengthen their resolve to do absolutely nothing to protect their neighbors. You are a true aishes chayal!

amother
  cornflower  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:27 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
No.
Big problem.
Don't mandate a schedule that hasn't been around long enough to prove its safety.

So what you are looking for as a sufficient response, is someone to tell your their opinion why its acceptable to have a semi-mandated (nobody is being chased with needles) schedule without having the long term study you described?

That just sounds like two people with opinions.

southernbubby  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:43 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
No.
Big problem.

I agree with that, even though I think most vaccines are helpful. I do think, however that easily spread illnesses should be mandated, with the possible exception of flu shots that, while I personally get them, they either don't work for many people or they get sick from them. They could save more lives and stop the spread of flu if they were more effective.

I wish that more people would have reacted to their neighbors concerns like the wonderful mothers on this site who, against their own judgement, gave their kids the MMR to show consideration to their neighbors. It's a shame that more were not like them.
Page 9 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics