Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
How do I say Tehillim for someone

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:44 pm
I was raised frum but I missed something here- how do I say tehillim for someone?

Do I just say a kapital and then their name??

Please dumb this down for me. TIA!!!

amother
SandyBrown  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:46 pm
There is a yehi ratzon. Maybe I can google and post. You say it after saying tehillim and you add the names in the appropriate place similar to the way you add names in shmone asray during refaaynu

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:51 pm
When we used to say tehillim in school, the person who we were repeating after would say the yehi ratzon. When I say tehillim in my own, I just say the perakim I’m saying.

amother
  SandyBrown  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:52 pm
Can’t find it . Gonna try to type
Yehi ratzon milfanecha hashem elo- v’elo- avoysai shetishlach refuah shleima refuas hanefesh refuas haguf l’ploni Ben ploni oobisoch shaar choli amecha Yisroel.

Just letting u know I typed this out cuz I’m a legit IGNORAMOUS from my HS educating cuz I’m a really spaced out person and I missed so much key info and sometimes I’m adult life I feel seriously dumb. I ask soo many basic Halacha questions. I don’t know my brachos well. It’s honestly embarrassing. So if I can help anyone I will!!

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 7:55 pm

Raizle  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:02 pm
If you know their age then you say the kapital relating to the year they are in. So if they are 24, you say kapital 25.
If they are sick you say 20 as well.

Then there is also something people do, go to 119 that has it's pasukim arranged and grouped in the order of the Alef Beit, and say the pasukim that spell out the persons name.
So eliezer Ben Sarah
Pasukim א
Then ל
Etc

Ultimately say whatever you can say. I'd start with the first 2 that I mention.

Anything you say helps. People like to divide up the tehillim. There are some websites that assist. You put the persons name in, share the link and people say whatever they can say to finish the sefer in that persons merit however many times over
I don't remember the Link but I'm sure someone here can help

Raizle  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:04 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Can’t find it . Gonna try to type
Yehi ratzon milfanecha hashem elo- v’elo- avoysai shetishlach refuah shleima refuas hanefesh refuas haguf l’ploni Ben ploni oobisoch shaar choli amecha Yisroel.

Just letting u know I typed this out cuz I’m a legit IGNORAMOUS from my HS educating cuz I’m a really spaced out person and I missed so much key info and sometimes I’m adult life I feel seriously dumb. I ask soo many basic Halacha questions. I don’t know my brachos well. It’s honestly embarrassing. So if I can help anyone I will!!

Stop it!
Many of us forgot or didn't listen in school. Stop talking about yourself like that

amother
  SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:10 pm
Raizle wrote:
Stop it!
Many of us forgot or didn't listen in school. Stop talking about yourself like that

Awww. Idk why but ur comment really touched me 💕💕 thank you for caring that a random stranger shouldn’t talk down to herself Smile

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:12 pm
Thank you very very much!

Raizle  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:14 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Awww. Idk why but ur comment really touched me 💕💕 thank you for caring that a random stranger shouldn’t talk down to herself Smile

I guess it got to me because I know that kind of damage that type of self talk can do

Raizle

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:17 pm
OP I found a link. If you want you can fill in the persons name and whatever details it asks and share the link with family and friends to be able to get through a whole sefer or more in the persons merit.

https://new.tehilimyahad.com/

Change the language to Hebrew to read in Hebrew. I think the problem is if you need to read the instructions in English you might need to go back and forth

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:23 pm
We say the common two pesikim beforehand:

לכו נרננה לד’ נריעה לצור ישענו. נקדמה פניו בתודה בזמרות נריע לו. כי אל גדול ד’ ומלך גדול על כל אלהים
And then
הריני מזמין את פי להודות ולהלל ולשבח את בוראי לשם יחוד קודש בריך האו ושכינתה על ידי ההוא תמיר ונעלם בשם כל ישראל.

I also recite the the common 3 pesukim afterwards:

מי יתן מציון ישועת ישראל בשוב ד’ שבות עמו יגל יעקב ישמח ישראל. ותשועת צדיקים מד’ מעוזם בעת צרה. ויעזרם ד’ ויפלטם יפלטם מרשעים ויושיעם כי חסו בו.

The long יהי רצון isn't necessary if you don't have time which is most often the case for a busy Jewish woman.

If its for a sick person or it's for a tzara then there's a segula to say kapital chof three times.

You then recite the sick person's name with that person's mother's name like this:

אסתר בת רחל should have a refuah shleima בתוך שאר חולי ישראל.

Another segula for a sick person is to say the name spelled out in קי"ט.

Let's say the person's name is אסתר בת רחל you would say the א of קיט then the ס then the ת then ר then ב then ת then ר then ח then ל.

I grew up chassidish and my father was very careful that a segula must have a real source.

The ones I've listed above are known and concrete.

I have never heard this segula that you say the kapital matching the person's age but it might be from a different circle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed