Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ultra sound

mommyloves  

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 8:05 pm
Does anyone know of a drs office that’s open tonight that has an sonogram machine? I had a horrific gallbladder attack last night and I want to get checked out to make sure I’m ok. Also, for those who have had their gallbladder taken out, which hospital did you get the surgery? Monmouth? Kimball?

amother
Gold  

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 9:08 pm
Hi,

I don’t know the answer to your first question since I had an ultrasound done during a regular weekday, but I had my gallbladder removal surgery done by Dr. Tomer Davidov in Robert Wood Johnson, he’s one of the surgeons in their General Surgery group. Dr. Andrew Boyarsky is part of the same group and also came highly recommended.

mommyloves

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
Hi,

I don’t know the answer to your first question since I had an ultrasound done during a regular weekday, but I had my gallbladder removal surgery done by Dr. Tomer Davidov in Robert Wood Johnson, he’s one of the surgeons in their General Surgery group. Dr. Andrew Boyarsky is part of the same group and also came highly recommended.

Thank you so much! How did the surgery go for you? Also do you have any pointers for managing the pain before surgery?

amother
  Gold

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 9:38 pm
I had a hernia repair done together at the same time as the gallbladder removal so my recovery time was probably longer than average....but the pain after surgery was bearable honestly (they inject some kind of nerve block in your abdomen so you don’t feel so much pain immediately after the surgery), and I only took the 600 mg of Advil they said I could take, I didn’t take any of the Oxycodone they prescribed.

I was in a lot of pain the day after the surgery from the carbon dioxide they blow you up with during the surgery, but that is to be expected

BH after recovering from the surgery I feel perfectly fine, there were no surgical complications and no residual effects from having no gallbladder.

Regarding managing the pain before surgery, I only had a total of 2 (horrific) attacks, not related to anything I ate. I was always living in terror of having more attacks and so went for the surgery. Sorry I can’t help you there.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Tomatoes!  

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 9:46 pm
I had surgery in Jersey shore for gallbladder 2 years ago. Call echo they were able to help me get an appointment sooner. .

Tomatoes!

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 9:52 pm
Dr Zurkovsky was the doctor recommended. (Frum man)

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:01 pm
Dr Davidov is not in network with Rwj anymore he switched I think to Princeton. Refuah sheleimah!

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:11 pm
I too had gallbladder surgery a few months back and used dr schwartz. Hr was recomended by echo based on my insurance (horizon direct access) dr zurkovsky was alos highly recomended however was out of network eith my partixular insurance. He does it in different hospitals depending on day of week. I had it done in monmouth. Bh recovery was just a few days and fully back to myself. Can eat all fats no problem now when previously could not

Boobasheli

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:19 pm
mommyloves wrote:
Thank you so much! How did the surgery go for you? Also do you have any pointers for managing the pain before surgery?
[quote]

In reference to managing the pain until surgery, I tried to stick to a very bland diet. Mostly fat free and also ate very little. It helped me have less attacks.
The surgery is usually done laparoscopically so the recovery shouldn't be too bad. I needed a week to recover but others that I know needed even less time.
I had the surgery in NY so can't be of help with physician or hospital recommendations.
Hatzlacha! I hope u feel better soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries