Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
  Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30 120  121  122  Next

watergirl  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 9:54 am
I’ve been following this thread and guessing who works and who stays home... fesh soup mid-week? What working mom can do that?? (unless she has an instant pot, but even then it takes at least 1.5 hours!)

cbg  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:03 am
Salas
Hamburgers in lettuce wrap
Mashed Cauliflower

essie14  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:40 am
Orange Soup (I work from home, watergirl Smile)
Eggs & Salami (made by DH)
Roasted vegetables

ra_mom  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:08 am
watergirl wrote:
I’ve been following this thread and guessing who works and who stays home... fesh soup mid-week? What working mom can do that?? (unless she has an instant pot, but even then it takes at least 1.5 hours!)

Lots of us work. Smile And your suppers sound delicious and I know you work too!

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:10 am
Meatballs, spaghetti, big Italian salad

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:13 am
Chicken and barley in a tangine

watergirl  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:27 am
ra_mom wrote:
Lots of us work. Smile And your suppers sound delicious and I know you work too!

Thanks. Mine are all no more than a 5 min prep unless I have a ton of time for some strange reason! I guess I just feel intimidated by all of these meals with soup, salad, main, side.

ra_mom  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:30 am
watergirl wrote:
Thanks. Mine are all no more than a 5 min prep unless I have a ton of time for some strange reason! I guess I just feel intimidated by all of these meals with soup, salad, main, side.

I know a lot of people try to serve protein, starch and veggie, though soup is the type of thing I only serve if made ahead of time.
And I also have no time to cook when I get home so I try to have it ready when I walk in (slow cooker/preset delay start oven).

exhausted  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:35 am
I work full time but I spend several hours on Sunday cooking. Sometimes I make 3 different large soups, keep some for the next few days and freeze the rest. I also make big batches of lasagna and various things with chopped meat. I also use my Crock-Pot at least once a week.

jewishmom6  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:45 am
watergirl wrote:

I agree and I am here wondering if each side dish is per kid or all kids and husband eat all.
We had pretzel chicken, rice & soup last night and we were all full!

mom!  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:48 am
watergirl wrote:

I work too and I have made soups during the week. I'll do the sauteeing, chopping, ect in the morning (sometimes preparing the whole thing, depends on the type of soup) and turn on the minute I get home. It can work for dh that night and kids the next night (although they don't usually eat soups)

nchr  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:12 pm
Quinoa Soup. One bowl supper.

N'sMom  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:27 pm
watergirl wrote:

I make a big pot once a week, on sunday, and freeze it. At any given time I have at least 5 or 6 containers in the freezer, usually a lot more. I find that if you put a nice bowl of hot soup in front of pretty much anything (including grilled cheese) it's a decent supper.

allthingsblue  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:33 pm
watergirl wrote:

Weight watchers has a super easy butternut squash soup- I use frozen squash.
Same for zucchini, cauliflower and broccoli. I don't use sautéed onions.

mha3484  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:33 pm
I enjoy soup but I find that with really little kids who want to feed themselves its more hassel then its worth.

Chayalle  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:25 pm
watergirl wrote:

I make a vegetable soup in about 45 minutes or less (5-10 minutes prep, bring to a boil, cook 1/2 hour or so....)

Zucchini soup (from KBD green) is also pretty quick and easy.

nchr  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:30 pm
watergirl wrote:

So what do you think. Do I work?

sirel  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:33 pm
I have 2 hours from when I get home until supper.
So if I'm organized and I know I have all the ingredients, I can throw it in as soon as I get home and there's plenty of cooking time.

tonight supper is

vegetable meatloaf
green beans in sweet tomato sauce
spaghetti

keym  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:46 pm
Tonights supper grilled chicken, rice, cut up vegies, soup (from the freezer).

And water girl, for me what I call fresh soup is made last night and put in the fridge, or put in the crockpot this morning. As opposed to freezer soup.

N'sMom  

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:49 pm
Tonight we're having turkey chili. Cornbread will be available to go with it.
Page 29 of 122   Previous  1  2  3 28  29  30 120  121  122  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus