Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Let's create our own magazine
Previous  1  2  3  4

mummiedearest  

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 10:14 am
gp2.0 wrote:
http://issuu.com/weeklylink.com/docs/vol6issue40?mode=window&shareButtonEnabled=false&searchButtonEnabled=false&backgroundColor=%23222222

http://issuu.com/

But I think the free version has ads.

I have a really hard time reading things like that on a screen.

robynm  

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:45 pm
I think some current events and a dvar torah wouldnt kill us

I wouldnt mind contributing the dvar torah. I could use the brain movement to do the research

mummiedearest  

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:48 pm
robynm wrote:

I wouldnt mind contributing the dvar torah. I could use the brain movement to do the research

we can't do current events if we don't know when this will come out. if it becomes a regular thing, we can rethink the current events issue.

dvar torah is a good idea. feel free to write one, but try not to make it a parshas hashavua thing. again, we don't know when this will come out.

have fun!

robynm  

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:52 pm
ok so how about just a jewish thought?

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:54 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
robynm wrote:

we can't do current events if we don't know when this will come out. if it becomes a regular thing, we can rethink the current events issue.

dvar torah is a good idea. feel free to write one, but try not to make it a parshas hashavua thing. again, we don't know when this will come out.

have fun!
Some current events are ongoing issues, though. Not for news reporting, but definitely for opinion and commentary type pieces, they're not always so time-bound. For example, the internet asifa thing was quite an item for about a month before and after. Or general politics or economy, occasionally something big happens but most of the time it's the same old issues going around.

robynm

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 3:57 pm
seeker wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
robynm wrote:

have fun!
Some current events are ongoing issues, though. Not for news reporting, but definitely for opinion and commentary type pieces, they're not always so time-bound. For example, the internet asifa thing was quite an item for about a month before and after. Or general politics or economy, occasionally something big happens but most of the time it's the same old issues going around.

I was thinking the same thing

mummiedearest  

Post Tue, Jul 17 2012, 5:20 pm
seeker wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
robynm wrote:

have fun!

I'd rather not have the magazine take any particular position on political issues. the internet asifa was a big problem in that it was great fodder for lashon hara. I'd like to start with less complicated things.

mazeltov

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 12:52 pm
what ended up happening with this magazine? was it published online or anywhere? where can it be read?

If you're still looking for a place to publish, I recently heard about paper.li

I have not used it, and don't know how it works, but I heard that it's a free site online for publishing newspapers.

http://paper.li/introduction.html

mummiedearest  

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 1:15 pm
lol. not published yet, we have one last minute detail to deal with, and it's just not going to be posted until after sukkos. and it will be a mini-edition. I will post the link under announcements when it is finally up.

wereafamily  

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 2:08 pm
I love the idea - then I can print it out and read it on shabbos - for FREE!

BMe

Post Mon, Oct 01 2012, 7:58 pm
I would love to write and edit, if I manage to have the time.

Rainshadow

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 3:09 am
The idea of a magazine is good, and writers should be able to post links to their published work available other places, if someone wants to buy a book . . . Each writer should be able to earn a little bit from their work.

I can write a short article a week, if you give me a topic. I already write blogs for a website and I get paid for each post I write.

mummiedearest  

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 12:28 pm
Rainshadow wrote:
The idea of a magazine is good, and writers should be able to post links to their published work available other places, if someone wants to buy a book . . . Each writer should be able to earn a little bit from their work.

I can write a short article a week, if you give me a topic. I already write blogs for a website and I get paid for each post I write.

rainshadow, the magazine is up. http://www.outofthebluemagazine.blogspot.com/

extra links and the like are not happening right now. perhaps at a later time. and this is a non-paying magazine (it's not like the magazine has any money to pay). you're welcome to submit something if you are willing to have it posted for free. currently this is intended to be fun for everyone involved.

Purple Hug Bunny  

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 1:10 am
I looked at it today, it's realllly nice, loooooove the logo...
I submitted a recipe for next edition

mummiedearest  

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:26 pm
Purple Hug Bunny wrote:
I looked at it today, it's realllly nice, loooooove the logo...
I submitted a recipe for next edition

phb, would you be interested in submitting photos to go with the recipes?

Purple Hug Bunny  

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 11:39 pm
You want it to be a real photo of the actual product I make, right? well, it'll have to wait till next time we make it, but I'll submit it as soon as I can.

wereafamily

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 12:59 am
going to print it and read it, thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 9:56 am
Purple Hug Bunny wrote:
You want it to be a real photo of the actual product I make, right? well, it'll have to wait till next time we make it, but I'll submit it as soon as I can.

if it's something complicated and unusual, a real photo would be great. something like chocolate chip cookies don't need special photos. oh, and I need a taste Smile

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 12:36 am
Well, I finally had the chance to make it last week and sent you a few pictures.. you can have a taste from any of the pictures you wont use.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club