Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Would you let your child play at my house?

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 8:47 pm
I once had a conversation in a group setting and a few people were saying they would not allow their child to play in the house of a victim of s3xual abuse.
While I understand the fear, I think this perpetuates the stigma around abuse and its victims and makes victims feel targeted/blamed.
On the surface, I am a regular functional mother and wife, I have a high paying job, I have friends and a regular life. Internally I struggle with depression, anxiety, constant negative self image, and zex has always been difficult in my marriage.
So to the person who said they wouldn’t? You already do because your child has played in my house. And many times you’d never know who’s a victim.
All that said, I do not believe children should ever be allowed to play in anyone’s house that you don’t truly trust unless a parent is there

amother
Pearl

Post Yesterday at 8:48 pm
I would not let my child play at anyone's house whom I'd suspect would do anything inappropriate to my child. I have no idea how you fall into that category.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Yesterday at 8:48 pm
I mean I have my own traumas just not SA. My allowing a child to play in your house would be based on other things, but not that alone.

amother
Oak

Post Yesterday at 9:00 pm
Were they talking about adult victims or child victims? I would be hesitant with the child victim unless there's proper supervision. An adult victim wouldn't bother me at all. An adult knows better than to experiment, and they are not the peer of my child. And an adult isn't going to randomly or mistakenly start educating my child in a way I don't want.

amother
Ballota

Post Yesterday at 9:28 pm
I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through.
Have you been in touch with ray of hope?

tichellady

Post Yesterday at 10:03 pm
What a strange thing to say and to think.

amother
Obsidian

Post Yesterday at 10:26 pm
How many people know this information about you?
But to answer your question that is definitely not a criteria when I decide to allow or not allow my child to play at someone's house.

imaima

Post Yesterday at 11:10 pm
People like to show off by being very exclusive who they let their kids play with. With some people, it’s a badge of honor.
Especially if it’s a sweeping category like „all chalav stam people“ or everyone who goes to school ABC.
It makes them feel better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics