Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do YOU keep your tichel on???
Previous  1  2

BennysMommy

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 10:54 pm
What are the headbands called? Anyone know the name of them? (not the milano ones...)

dlj  

Post Tue, May 11 2010, 12:23 am
Amazing website!!!! Thank you!!!

I have a different way of wearing mitpachot which wasn't on there. I work in a hospital on all my feet all day and they stay on amazingly.

Take a rectangular scarf. Place it on the top of your head with equal length on either side. Tie the two strands in a knot under your low bun of hair. Bring the scarf over the knot and tuck it under the knot so your hair is now fully covered. Carefully fold one strand and wrap it across the front of your scarf (like a head band). Tie it to the other strand. Tuck the little bit left over under the knot. you are now left with one strand. Open it wide and draw it across your bun, and then pull it through under the headband. Works amazingly!!

Not sure if that made any sense!

Brocho

Post Mon, Jun 14 2010, 2:56 am
Fabulous wrote:
su7kids wrote:
Someone is now making a band that you wear UNDER your tichel and it stops it from coming off. Its made out of a stretchy type of fabric, and you can get them in black, brown and beige (depending on the color of your hair) and you wear it around your head and then put the tichel over it.

I'm not sure where one gets them but they're quite expensive for what they are. you would probably need two.

anyone know where you can get these in boro park? I always have headaches and am starting to worry about bald spots from the clips of my sheitel. Thanks.

I'm looking for something like this. Where can you get it in Israel. If not here can you get it in Lakewood. What exactly is it called?

jaysmom  

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 7:50 pm
After reading these suggestions I decided I wanted to try something. I had this cotton expandable headband- you know the kind you will see some of those Christian girls with the really long hair wear?

http://www.google.com/images?h.....h=613

I think they might be called bandana expandable headbands. Anyways I bought one at a local beauty supply store for like a dollar I think. Got one in white so it wouldn't show through with lighter or thin tichels. Its a stretchy cotton material. Kinda like jersey. I just bought these beautiful silk scarves today and they are staying on! Great inexpensive solution IMO. For a dollar or two its certainly worth a try, right?

onelove26

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 8:11 pm
I often layer 2 and they stay on better. Since I like a bigger bun also, this works well. Many girls I know also just use a stretchy cloth headband underneath - the kind you use to wash your face or something. Either way - layering works the best...especially since I'm an "ears in" kind of girl!

jaysmom

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 8:18 pm
onelove26 wrote:
I often layer 2 and they stay on better. Since I like a bigger bun also, this works well. Many girls I know also just use a stretchy cloth headband underneath - the kind you use to wash your face or something. Either way - layering works the best...especially since I'm an "ears in" kind of girl!

I am not an ears in kind of girl, but I actually did try layering today b/c I had a long rectangular scarf that I thought was pretty and it worked very nicely. I got that idea from
stylesfromtheunderground.com Their videos show some beautiful ways to tie tichels.

melsg  

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 10:52 pm
jaysmom wrote:

I am not an ears in kind of girl, but I actually did try layering today b/c I had a long rectangular scarf that I thought was pretty and it worked very nicely. I got that idea from
stylesfromtheunderground.com Their videos show some beautiful ways to tie tichels.

I love the videos and scarves from thestyleunderground.com (which I assume is what you meant, but feel free to let me know if there is another site putting out fabulous layering videos!)

grin

Post Thu, Jul 22 2010, 11:36 pm
just one comment - this is one of the advantages to a wig - it's never going to fall off!

(yes, I agree that it's hotter, more expensive, etc etc - just my .02 to this discussion)

dlj

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 1:22 pm
Other than...

www.kshirot.co.il
www.thestyleunderground.com

...does anyone have any more websites with videos or instructions on tying headscarves?

imeinu

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 3:56 pm
Here's some different ways to wear pre-tied bandanas

http://www.myheadcoverings.com.....#wear

You can also tuck the tails completely in. The long tailed pre-tieds especially are very versatile when it comes to wearing them in different styles.

I love the israeli tichel style - you don't have to "patchka" with the tying, and they stay put (especially the cotton ones)

OldYoung

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 4:44 pm
Another idea is to sew shaitel clips on to the sides of your tichels (while it's open like a square, then when you fold it in a triangle, the stitching will be hidden).

melsg

Post Sun, Jul 25 2010, 9:20 pm
dlj wrote:
Other than...

www.kshirot.co.il
www.thestyleunderground.com

...does anyone have any more websites with videos or instructions on tying headscarves?

http://www.tznius.com/cgi-bin/tying.pl
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels