Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3  16  17  18

Mama Bear  

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 2:26 pm
YES Riva thanks, I'm very much looking forward to the postmortem report Very Happy lol

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 3:13 pm
Considering the circumstances I thought the ending was a pretty nice save. But I really don't get where that baby came from. The whole episode got me so disoriented in middle of the whole story - no indication that she was ever expecting, and suddenly a kiddush? Wha...? It just seemed so unnecessary and out of place. Was there some foreshadowing that I missed?

Levtov  

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 10:18 pm
Thank you ,Riva. for taking the time to answer us. As a mother, I completely understand, that you cannot always explain everything to the children. We accept (especially me, with my good heart) that this was the best according to the circumstances. I love your style, metaphors, and wit and will continue to look for your articles and serials. Hatzlacha raba!!!!

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, May 03 2010, 11:16 am
You ended it very nicely.
The epilogue was good.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 06 2010, 9:12 am
Riva I loved the Making of Shattered Glass, read it today.
I feel a little bad that you were 'subjected to no small amount of ridicule and derisive comments, especially on some public forums'... I assume that refers to this thread. Sad I"m so sorry Sad.

Levtov

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 5:21 am
Dear Riva,
Devorim yotzim m'lev....I think you really did a phenomenal job in reflecting on yourself, the Rabbanim, Mishpacha staff and the readers in your post-op this week. I truly feel for you. Thanks, hoping this was a balm on all open wounds. Hopefully, we can get your train of thought to refresh and delight us as usual! Have a wonderful Shabbos

married21  

Post Fri, May 07 2010, 7:49 am
Hi Riva,
My family is a huge fan of your writing Very Happy ; we analyzed and discussed your Shattered Glass serial every Shabbas. I looovvved the story, it was something so different and refreshing. We were therefore so surprised when the story took an unexpected turn.
I was also kinda confused with Huvi having a baby all of a sudden, I guess it wrapped up the story perfectly (with a big bow on top) with everyone living happily every after.

I love your style of writing and I can’t wait for your next serial! Keep them coming!

daisy

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 6:34 pm
I also enjoyed the post-op very much.

Does anyone feel like Betzalel and Huvi reappeared in the Advice Line column this week?

Debbie

Post Sun, May 23 2010, 2:50 pm
Riva, I loved Green Fences and Shattered Glass,I do wish that you had been able to continue Shattered Glass in the original format and I'm really hoping the book comes out soon and we can read the whole original story.
Please keep writing I look foward to getting my Family First so much when one of your stories is in it.

blossoming flower

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 5:01 pm
Riva- I really hope you're gonna do another serial really soon. I hope this whole foolishness didn't scare you away. We want you back in all your glory!

married21

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 8:57 am
Did anyone notice that Riva has not written a single article in the Mishpacha since her serial ended…?
Also the new serial, in the Family First section, is written by Shoshana Schwartz not Riva as expected. Didn’t she write that she has a great new (uncontroversial) serial coming up-
anyone knows what happened?

realeez

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 3:13 am
married21 wrote:
Did anyone notice that Riva has not written a single article in the Mishpacha since her serial ended…?
Also the new serial, in the Family First section, is written by Shoshana Schwartz not Riva as expected. Didn’t she write that she has a great new (uncontroversial) serial coming up-
anyone knows what happened?

I noticed yesterday that it's a mini-serial by Shoshana Schwartz so maybe Riva is finishing off her story first?
Page 18 of 18   Previous  1  2  3  16  17  18 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room