Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 16  17  18  Next

joy613  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 8:34 am
Yup it was the most annoying installment of this story so far. I'm starting not to like this story so much anymore.

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 8:41 am
I think there were sufficient complaints about the original storyline to make her change it. The beginning of the story doesn't jive with what's going on now. All his issues magically disappeared. I'm thinking that's not an accident.

downsyndrome  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 8:42 am
soulful music wrote:
downsyndrome wrote:
I could have written past week's installment in one sentence! Please grow up, Riva Pomerantz!

ITA

Please translate.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 8:51 am
(ITA == I totally agree)

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:19 am
chaylizi wrote:
I think there were sufficient complaints about the original storyline to make her change it. The beginning of the story doesn't jive with what's going on now. All his issues magically disappeared. I'm thinking that's not an accident.

I didn't read it that way at all - that the issues disappeared. I think it's true to life that when you're hit with crises from several different directions, your focus is forced to change. It's like this: your baby is screaming from hunger, so you sit down to nurse her. But then your toddler falls from the chandelier and bangs his head very hard on the stone floor. Your baby is still very hungry, but you have to go and deal with the toddler.

daisy  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:36 am
I also think the original story line was lost. And I think we know where the next installment will go. The MIL thinks B is ill because the daughter said something about a doctor (the psychiatrist) in an earlier issue.

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:40 am
Issues don't just disappear.

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 9:49 am
chaylizi wrote:

I don't see that there has been any implication that the issues disappeared. They are just dealing with additional issues that are building up the storyline. She won't leave all the loose ends hanging.

realeez  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 10:33 am
chaylizi wrote:

I'm with you on that one.

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:03 am
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

I don't see that there has been any implication that the issues disappeared. They are just dealing with additional issues that are building up the storyline. She won't leave all the loose ends hanging.

It's okay to disagree. There were enough complaints to make a letter from the Rabbinical advisory board necessary. There were even letters disagreeing with the Rabbanim. Mrs Pomerantz wrote a blurb at the beginning of this story, about the circumstances that made her think this storyline was necessary. She is no longer following this storyline. I think too many people had trouble swallowing this storyline. It's a pity, because it could have been useful as a dialogue starter about this important issue.

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:23 am
chaylizi wrote:
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

It's okay to disagree. There were enough complaints to make a letter from the Rabbinical advisory board necessary. There were even letters disagreeing with the Rabbanim. Mrs Pomerantz wrote a blurb at the beginning of this story, about the circumstances that made her think this storyline was necessary. She is no longer following this storyline. I think too many people had trouble swallowing this storyline. It's a pity, because it could have been useful as a dialogue starter about this important issue.

Are you sure she isn't following it? How are you so sure?

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:25 am
It is my opinion. I think so. Why are you taking it so personally? Are you writing the story? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

joy613  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:32 am
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Well that is what it seems like. In the beginning it was all about her husband and his kefirah issues. That was pretty much the storyline. Once in middle of all that she mentioned the MIL and even a small visit to her. Now suddenly a few weeks in a row are all about her relationship with MIL. What is going on here? where is betzalel in all this? what happened to his doubts? his therapy?...
It's normal to have 2 main issues making up the storyline, but usually the author would go back and forth between them. Not discuss one issue for the first few months, and then go to the next issue for a few weeks in a row. You need to keep the readers on their toes and anxious to see how each issue is progressing.

joy613  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:34 am
chaylizi wrote:
It is my opinion. I think so. Why are you taking it so personally? Are you writing the story? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Maybe evenI is Riva Pomerantz. Idea
Very Happy

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:42 am
LOL. I'm not Riva Pomerantz and I'm not taking it at all personally. It's just that you expressed your opinion in such certain terms that I thought you might know something.

If it's just opinion, then I think I do beg to differ. I don't think she can pretend that she didn't write what she already wrote, and I also don't see any contradiction between what is happening now in the story and what happened before. It's just somewhat complex, which life is.

Well, we have yet to see what really happens. Except that my subscription comes up for renewal soon and I have been considering putting an end to it. So, maybe I won't see what happens. Don't know.

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 11:49 am
Like I said in one of my previous posts, it's okay to disagree.

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 1:19 pm
chaylizi wrote:

Why would you think that I would think that it isn't ok to disagree? Maybe YOU are Riva Pomerantz?

EvenI  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 1:21 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Well that is what it seems like. In the beginning it was all about her husband and his kefirah issues. That was pretty much the storyline. Once in middle of all that she mentioned the MIL and even a small visit to her. Now suddenly a few weeks in a row are all about her relationship with MIL. What is going on here? where is betzalel in all this? what happened to his doubts? his therapy?...
It's normal to have 2 main issues making up the storyline, but usually the author would go back and forth between them. Not discuss one issue for the first few months, and then go to the next issue for a few weeks in a row. You need to keep the readers on their toes and anxious to see how each issue is progressing.

Maybe Riva thinks that her readers can remember more than two things at once!

chaylizi  

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 1:29 pm
EvenI wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

Why would you think that I would think that it isn't ok to disagree? Maybe YOU are Riva Pomerantz?

Because you seem pretty disturbed by my opinion. And no, I'm not.

small bean

Post Tue, Mar 09 2010, 1:49 pm
I think she took a break from betzalels issues bec it was getting to stretched out and boring. I think after she will go back to his issues - now that this is getting boring.
Page 11 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room