Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do YOU keep your tichel on???
1  2  Next

CeeWhyGee

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:11 am
I'd like to start a thread: How do you keep your Israeli tichel/mitpachat from sliding off during the day????

Whether you wear bobby pins on the sides, a bathing cap underneath, or tie it in a specific way, please let us know what works for you...

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:15 am
I wear nothing and it stays tight all day.

I think it's a mixture of what type of tichel you use (the thin kind with the silver stays the best), how/wear/how long your hair is, and how you tie it.

beilariva

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:21 am
We talked about this in a different thread, can't remember which...

I use a wide headband which matches the color of the scarf. It works really good for me and it covers all of the little hairs around the head.

Yulka

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 9:28 am
I find that rectangular tichels stay on better than the square ones.
When I tie them, I flip the front over a little, so that I can slide it down throughout the day. It's also good when the scarf is a different color on the other side, then in looks like a headband.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:07 am
when you tie them, let the front edge of the scarf come down farther on your forehead than you usually would. then, once the rest of it is on to your satisfaction, move it back to where you want it. That should help

michal817

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:15 am
This may sound counterintuitive, but don't wrap it too tightly. I usually tie my tichel in a basic bun, and I find that when the tichel is wrapped around my head very tightly, it tends to slide back more.

fiddle  

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:21 am
I agree with the
Quote:
I wear nothing and it stays tight all day. I think it's a mixture of what type of tichel you use (the thin kind with the silver stays the best)

I just tie it once in the back, not tight , and no wrapping it. when I did try doing the "bun" thing with the mitpachot it slid back.

su7kids

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 10:27 am
Someone is now making a band that you wear UNDER your tichel and it stops it from coming off. Its made out of a stretchy type of fabric, and you can get them in black, brown and beige (depending on the color of your hair) and you wear it around your head and then put the tichel over it.

I'm not sure where one gets them but they're quite expensive for what they are. you would probably need two.

cm

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 11:47 am
Hair bag! (In other words, a plain, fairly tight cotton snood).

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 11:50 am
Foreheads provide more friction than hair. If the edge of the tichel is resting on the hair instead of on the forehead, it'll slide more easily. I never had an issue with them sliding. The further back they start, the more they slip.

fiddle

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 12:11 pm
Seraph wrote:
Foreheads provide more friction than hair. If the edge of the tichel is resting on the hair instead of on the forehead, it'll slide more easily. I never had an issue with them sliding. The further back they start, the more they slip.

I dont wear mine on my forehead, about an inch into my hair, and I dont have a problem, I think it has what to do with how its tied, tight/loose, bun/open .

dried roses

Post Sun, Feb 21 2010, 3:09 pm
I always have a hard time with tichels, cuz they always slide back on me...
I bought this headband that su7kids mentioned, they are very inexpensive for what they are ... I paid $15 in Little Toes in Crown Heights, and I wear it all the time, with a tichel, and it doesn't budge, and the best part is that I wear it under my sheitel and I don't have to clip the clips. I have even removed the clips from my sheitel! It is the most genius thing ever. I put it on in the morning, take it off in the afternoon, and have no headache, no bald spots, no pain! I love it!!

Aribenj

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 12:14 am
I chopped my hair off a year ago, and I had the hardest time getting them to stay on! Now my hair is longer and I can make a ponytail and it stays pretty well. Although I still can't do the bun... My hair is still too short for that.

melsg  

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 12:40 am
I put them on my forehead, tie not too tight, and use some amazing long bobby-pin type clips (goody brand, just from the drug store which claim to be slip-resistant and I think really are) either above or behind my ears depending on the day.
also, I make sure my hair isn't squeaky clean. my hair is fine and so I have to put some product in to increase the friction.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 12:43 am
su7kids wrote:
Someone is now making a band that you wear UNDER your tichel and it stops it from coming off. Its made out of a stretchy type of fabric, and you can get them in black, brown and beige (depending on the color of your hair) and you wear it around your head and then put the tichel over it.

I'm not sure where one gets them but they're quite expensive for what they are. you would probably need two.

anyone know where you can get these in boro park? I always have headaches and am starting to worry about bald spots from the clips of my sheitel. Thanks.

ButterPecan

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:14 am
Lol, I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this. My tichel is always sliding back...
Have you found that these methods work at night as well? I sleep in a tichel and when I wake up, its usually way past the hairline.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 2:21 am
I recently found tichels made out of stretchy material. They stay on really well. They're the triangle-shaped bandanna type though so if you cover everything, you have to tuck the bottom in and not tie into the bun-type Israeli style shape

libramom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 7:15 am
I discovered this website and I love it!
http://www.kshirot.co.il/index.php?page=1
enjoy!

suzyq

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 7:59 am
Until recently, I put one bobby pin on each side of my head, right above my ears, and my tichels would stay on all day (especially if I didn't wrap the ends into a bun). About a week ago, someone told me about the velvet "comfort bands" that Milano sells - they totally work! Anything I put on my head does not budge if I wear it underneath.

tweety99

Post Tue, Apr 27 2010, 8:01 am
I wear bandanas, they stay on very well! providing the elastic is good.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels