Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 16  17  18  Next

Mama Bear  

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 3:51 pm
1. yes, I will keep posting updates.

Secondly, carol, this will give you a good chuckle. on the facebook fan page for GREEN FENCES, here is what Riva wrote!!!!!

Here's the inside scoop, something juicy to get started. You'll never believe where Green Fences started off. Let's just say way far from where it ended up! There was going to be a Batya and a Ruth, but Batya and Ari were supposed to be so "on the rocks" that they skidded off and divorced. Meanwhile, Ari remarries and finds true happiness without a jealous, hen-pecking Batya in his life. And then...hold your breath: Ruth gets sick and passes away and Batya finally achieves her dream: marrying not just "a" Zev Wachtel but THE Zev Wachtel! Except that she's miserable, totally discontent, upon finally getting her fingers on the materialism she always wanted.

Can you believe it?

Carol R  

Post Thu, Nov 05 2009, 10:38 pm
Mama Bear,-

Are you for real??! Then in actuality, it's Green Fences who 'went off the derech'...tsk tsk LOL
I will have to check with my Rav about buying sucha publication. Worst case scenario - I'll read your updates. Keep 'em coming. So, I wasn't too off when I said that Shattered Glass seems to be dragged out and created on a weekly basis. Listen, if the author doesn'tknow what's going on, why should I?
Study HAPPY READING!

soulful music  

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 5:32 am
Mama Bear can you link Riva's page about Green Fences please.

Mama Bear  

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 11:45 am
http://www.facebook.com/group......63..1

soulful music  

Post Fri, Nov 06 2009, 12:10 pm
Thanks Mama Bear! Very Happy

Carol R  

Post Sat, Nov 07 2009, 8:45 pm
FraydaSue wrote:
What bugs me is that all the husbands in these stories act like little puppies; all eager for a crumb of affection from their Master (sorry, Mrs) LOL

Are the majority of men really so weak, so desperately seeking a smile? I was trying to play this story in my head as if it was happening in my home. I think it would be something like:

DH: Yes - I lyed to you - well what do you want of me? If you didn't make such a fuss about internet WITH A FILTER - then I wouldn't have to sneak around like a pervert! Stop sniffing - this is all your fault, and your crying is just getting me more annoyed.

Banging head

[b]Hi FraydeSue - I loved your realistic portrayal of how Shattered Glass would happen in your house. Now that I read this week's installment, I'm wondering how your dh would react in the car outside of the Rav's home? Question

joy613  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 2:12 am
Ok, guessing game of the week: Who is Dr. wurtzburger, and why did Betzalel's face turn ashen from the message?
(I just do this for fun to see how wrong I am the next week)
My guess is some sort of psychologist..but not sure why he would have called him..
anyone have a better guess?

dilego

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 5:37 am
or maybe he is one of the phillosolher blogger who got him otd?or the guy who started the support group.

sarahd  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 6:18 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
Ok, guessing game of the week: Who is Dr. wurtzburger, and why did Betzalel's face turn ashen from the message?

My question is, why is Betzalel always blanching, startling, staggering or turning ashen? He seems to be a very unstable guy. What would make YOUR face turn ashen? Personally, I can't think of anyone who would turn my face ashen, unless maybe the mafia was after me.

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 6:27 am
Green Fences has a Facebook fan page? Wow am I glad my filters don't let me do Facebook Very Happy

Not sure why I'm following this. I don't get Mishpacha and will have to wait till it comes out in book form. I just finished reading Rosewood Ct. so I'll have to check the archives here for any discussion...

Tova  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 9:20 am
PinkFridge wrote:

Not sure why I'm following this. I don't get Mishpacha and will have to wait till it comes out in book form. I just finished reading Rosewood Ct. so I'll have to check the archives here for any discussion...

Very Happy
Ditto about Mishpacha, although I do get Binah so I read Rosewood Court in the serial form.

chavamom  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 11:07 am
sarahd wrote:
Hashem loves me wrote:

My question is, why is Betzalel always blanching, startling, staggering or turning ashen? He seems to be a very unstable guy. What would make YOUR face turn ashen? Personally, I can't think of anyone who would turn my face ashen, unless maybe the mafia was after me.

All these books remind me of frum Danielle Steel novels. Once upon a time in HS someone lent me a few saying they were GREAT. I didn't get it - they all had the same basic plot and overwrought drama. No one just loves their husband, they "are the most perfect love" without whom the sun doesn't shine, their light in a cloudy world, blah, blah, blah. And yes, they are always "blanching" and "turning ashen".

sarahd  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 11:26 am
Glad to hear it's not only frum people who live exaggerated lives. Wink

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 12:32 pm
sarahd wrote:
Glad to hear it's not only frum people who live exaggerated lives. Wink

Thanks, I really really really desperately unbelievably needed that (as you can tell, I live an exaggerated life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol R

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 8:24 am
My question is, why is Betzalel always blanching, startling, staggering or turning ashen? He seems to be a very unstable guy. What would make YOUR face turn ashen? Personally, I can't think of anyone who would turn my face ashen, unless maybe the mafia was after me.[/quote] LOL Maybe my face would turn ashen if this week's Mishpacha announces that they've stopped the story. I am becoming somewhat attached to the characters, even if they're quite the Drama Team. I can't walk away before I hear about the mysterious doctor, the support group, and of course the detailed something that Betzalel has done.....

Thanks chavamom to the very apt comparison w/ the Daniella Steele page-thrillers. You're right about them being completely unrealistic, and that every one of her 100s of books share the one fell-out-of-love-fell into-love-storyline; however, the guesswork of Shattered Glass is incomparable....

Mama Bear  

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 1:31 pm
did anyone read this week's installment yet? All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proud2bajew

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 1:35 pm
I just read it!!! WHAT'S GOIN ON?!?!

rb  

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 1:39 pm
OK, no fair... what happened???

Mama Bear  

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 2:57 pm
WHERE IS BETZALEL???

in a car crash? did he leave her? did he kill himself? is he walking around for hours not knowing what to do? RIVA, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US??? I have to wait A WHOLE WEEK TO FIND OUT??????????

fmt4  

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 3:32 pm
I'm sure it;ll be something totally anti-climactic. Like he took a long drive to clear his head. Rolling Eyes
Page 6 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room