Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
2 day long lasting coverup and foundation or tips
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:56 am
Looking for coverup and foundation that is truly long lasting, that can last for 2 day yt.
Recently broke out and am going away and I CANNOT look like what I look like now without any coverup.
Or does anyone have tips of how to keep makeup on for that long.

please help!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Looking for coverup and foundation that is truly long lasting, that can last for 2 day yt.
Recently broke out and am going away and I CANNOT look like what I look like now without any coverup.
Or does anyone have tips of how to keep makeup on for that long.

please help!

Firstly, try getting a facial as soon as you can to help clear up your existing breakout.

Do face cleanser before shower and face moisturizer.

Secondly, I like my Maybelline 24 hr foundation with nyx setting spray on top. You can find the foundation in any local drugstore and see which color works for you.

Hatzlacha!!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:53 am
My fave combo to cover up serious acne is:

Mac painterly paintpot- I use my finger to apply to cover up the serious pimples. Let that dry completely (it takes a few minutes)

Then apply Estee lauder double wear foundation with a damp beauty sponge.

Powder with loose powder to set everything.

realsilver

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:55 am
the best foundation out there is estee lauder double wear foundation. I buy the powder version as well and use both together. (under and over)
its pricey but literally nothing compares.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:07 pm
If you have a lot of acne, I wouldn’t advise keeping makeup on for two days without washing your face. It’s unlikely to stay on and will aggravate your current situation. You’re better off cleaning your face really well now and putting an acne treatment cream and then using shabbos makeup/powder during Pesach.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:09 pm
Personally I would invest in shabbos makeup. That way I can clean my skin every night and put on fresh makeup in the morning.

Even the best makeup isn't meant to be on for 2 nights and 2 days and by the second day isnt providing great coverage and usually looks dry and flaking. Also it's really abd for your skin to wear makeup for so long and your breakout will probably get worse after YT

Bleemee

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:13 pm
Double Wear in matte?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 12:23 pm
Application tip - MUA told me this hack and my makeup stays on for a 3 day YT!

Put on moisturizer. Wait one whole minute. Then liquid foundation. Wait one whole minute. Then powder. Wait one whole minute. Liquid again. One minute wait. Powder again. One minute wait. Then finishing spray.

Obviously this is an excessive amount of makeup and don't do this on a regular basis, but for Yom tov the layering and waiting between layers for it to set really keeps the makeup on.

I've also heard to sleep on a silk pillowcase to avoid rubbing off makeup while you sleep but I never personally tried that.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:22 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:

Put on moisturizer. Wait one whole minute. Then liquid foundation. Wait one whole minute. Then powder. Wait one whole minute. Liquid again. One minute wait. Powder again. One minute wait. Then finishing spray.

Obviously this is an excessive amount of makeup and don't do this on a regular basis, but for Yom tov the layering and waiting between layers for it to set really keeps the makeup on.

I've also heard to sleep on a silk pillowcase to avoid rubbing off makeup while you sleep but I never personally tried that.

The makeup doesn’t get cakey with liquid and powder liquid layered?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:25 pm
Bleemee wrote:
The makeup doesn’t get cakey with liquid and powder liquid layered?

Probably depends somewhat on skin type. For me it didn't cake. I also did very very thin layers.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:28 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:

Which powder and finishing spray do you use?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:30 pm
Ugh makeup is so bad for breakouts. See a dermatologist asap

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:05 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Ugh makeup is so bad for breakouts. See a dermatologist asap

Thanks for your input.
Btw- seeing a dermatologist doesn’t simply take away pimples.
Everyone has a right to try to look good on yomtov.

otstud

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:00 pm
I would use moisturizer, then bare minerals powder foundation in your color, then cover up, and more bare mineral powder. For my acne, bare minerals doesn’t make me break out worse and seems to heal pimples quicker.

greenteaorange

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:19 pm
Primer and setting spray

Bleemee

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
Probably depends somewhat on skin type. For me it didn't cake. I also did very very thin layers.

Also- powder foundation or setting powder or either?

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:11 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Also- powder foundation or setting powder or either?

I've done this method with different brands, I'm not loyal to a specific company.

I use liquid foundation, and then powder bronzer.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:12 pm
I actually think there is a viral or allergic component to my breakouts and have Dr appointments scheduled but not going to get into that now..

I currently wash my face once a day and use micellar water and hydrating toner as well. I also use retinoid cream and primer.

Is there anyway to do a facial at home?
Im goimg to look into the estee lauder and silk pillow cover.
DH is not a fan of shabbos makeup eo teally want to avoid that but might buy as a backup. Any specific brand people recommend?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I actually think there is a viral or allergic component to my breakouts and have Dr appointments scheduled but not going to get into that now..

I currently wash my face once a day and use micellar water and hydrating toner as well. I also use retinoid cream and primer.

Is there anyway to do a facial at home?
Im goimg to look into the estee lauder and silk pillow cover.
DH is not a fan of shabbos makeup eo teally want to avoid that but might buy as a backup. Any specific brand people recommend?

There are very specific halachos of Shabbos makeup. It’s not really back-up type of thing that you decide on YT. Do you mean you might decide to use it last minute? The gist is that it can’t be used on top of regular makeup.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
Thanks for your input.
Btw- seeing a dermatologist doesn’t simply take away pimples.
Everyone has a right to try to look good on yomtov.

No but using the creams and/or cleansers they prescribe will help and can do so pretty fast
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics