Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Needing guests at Chasunah at Shul in Lawrence in May

Onlinescoop

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:18 am
A kallah and the chosson who are close to me have a chasunah this May in Lawrence, NY. They are both from out of state and have hardly any home town friends and family attending their chasunah.

I have seen in my out of town women's community WhatsApp chat requests for guests at a wedding when the married couple are in need of guests.

I would like to post in the 5 towns womens or mens chat this request, but I am not a member of these community chats. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the request on a 5 Towns whatsapp chat or some other social media?

Thanks.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:28 am
Onlinescoop wrote:
A kallah and the chosson who are close to me have a chasunah this May in Lawrence, NY. They are both from out of state and have hardly any home town friends and family attending their chasunah.

I have seen in my out of town women's community WhatsApp chat requests for guests at a wedding when the married couple are in need of guests.

I would like to post in the 5 towns womens or mens chat this request, but I am not a member of these community chats. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the request on a 5 Towns whatsapp chat or some other social media?

Thanks.

Make sure the couple want this first. Some people plan and look forward to a smaller, quieter wedding with people they know and care for. I've seen people get very upset when a crowd of strangers walks into their wedding considering they are doing a mitzvah.

Some people like crowds and lots of dancing and action, and wpipd feel deprived without a big wedding. Others prefer quieter, and don't want crowds of girls or bochrim taking over their wedding.

Ask the couple what they want before making assumptions.

Onlinescoop

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 2:41 am
That is a good question and I should have added that I have asked the couple and they agreed that their simcha would be enhanced with more guests.

Goldie613

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:08 am
There's an io group called FTshuls , you can try posting to there - try this link, otherwise you can search on the io group page = www.FTShuls.com

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:59 am
Send a message to jhuberfeld@gmail.com he runs a huge chessed network and I've seen requests like this.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:45 am
Honestly? The only "extras" whom came to our wedding were some local young men from a nearby yeshiva whom became very drunk and unpleasant. This was also in Lawrence. There was also a worry that there wouldn't be enough "frum" people.

I wouldn't recommend a general advertisement. Make it personal, and you'll get real people, and not freeloaders.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 5:50 am
Rappel wrote:
Honestly? The only "extras" whom came to our wedding were some local young men from a nearby yeshiva whom became very drunk and unpleasant. This was also in Lawrence. There was also a worry that there wouldn't be enough "frum" people.

I wouldn't recommend a general advertisement. Make it personal, and you'll get real people, and not freeloaders.

This. I would go more targeted, woth someone who knows the area. Maybe reach out to Rabbi Feiner, for example. Just because they would like more guests doesn't mean they want their simchah passed from phone to phone everywhere, ending up who knows where online, etc.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 7:41 am
Reach out to rabbi Yair Hoffman. Not sure if he still does it but rabbi Hoffman used to run chased weddings in Lawrence all the time. As a tag student I always went and it was beautiful

(Edited for spelling mistake)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics