Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
A TMI gross potty situation question
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:43 pm
So bh my 3 year old is officially trained.

Problem- we don’t have a downstairs toilet
Solution- we keep a potty downstairs for this purpose. When you’re new to toilets you can’t always run upstairs in time….

Ensuing problem - how to get rid of of the potty contents…
situation A- if it’s pee dump it outside and hose it down or wait for the rain. All ok in this field.

Situation B- if it’s poop… here’s where I’m having issues

Option A- I can either take it upstairs while gagging (I’m very sensitive) and dump it down the toilet. I still need to clean it out and I can wash it in the bathroom sink but it’s not stainless steel and I find it gross. But it is a bathroom, which is the place for such things.

Option b- bag it and bin it and then wash it in an empty kitchen sink. I don’t have any other sink downstairs besides the 2 kitchen sinks. I understand it’s absolutely gross to have feces in a kitchen but if the sink is empty and, I remove the drain cover and then bleach it in between each session and then run hot water for ten minutes, how unsanitary is it? I know and trust me I feel, that this is a grosss gross solution. So that’s why I’m asking you here.

I work I had a laundry sink or something but I don’t have a laundry room….

Any other suggestions or ideas? Which option is more sanitary?

Bags over the potty don’t work for the potty I have.

What would you do in this case?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:44 pm
I’d take it upstairs to the toilet. Don’t wash poop in the kitchen sick that’s very unsanitary.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:46 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I’d take it upstairs to the toilet. Don’t wash poop in the kitchen sick that’s very unsanitary.

Thanks. Bleach and hot water won’t kill the germs?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Bleach and hot water won’t kill the germs?

It’s really not ideal. You don’t want poop near your dishes and food.

greenteaorange

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:47 pm
Take
Upstairs to bathroom

ray family

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:48 pm
Do you need to have a potty downstairs?
Why can’t she go up to use the toilet?
I don’t have any real life solutions because I’ve never used a potty.
Q, if bags don’t work with your potty, personally, I’d buy another one.
After she has a bm remove the bag and throw it out outside.
Does the potty then need to be washed? It should be clean.
If you do feel the need to wash it I’d do it in the shower, not the sink.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:49 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
It’s really not ideal. You don’t want poop near your dishes and food.

10000%

But I’m talking about an empty sink and counter. No food or dishes in sight. Sterilized and cleaned in between obviously.

Why is washing in bathtub or bathroom sink better?

Idk all situations are so gross to me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:51 pm
ray family wrote:
Do you need to have a potty downstairs?
Why can’t she go up to use the toilet?
I don’t have any real life solutions because I’ve never used a potty.
Q, if bags don’t work with your potty, personally, I’d buy another one.
After she has a bm remove the bag and throw it out outside.
Does the potty then need to be washed? It should be clean.
If you do feel the need to wash it I’d do it in the shower, not the sink.

Iyh in a few weeks she’ll be able to but I don’t want it but a new potty when I’m going to be done with it very don’t. I’m just waiting until she’s able to hold it on a bit and go upstairs.

It’s very hard if you’re about to run out to get the kids and school and she suddenly needs to go ect. Or if you just come home from a long car ride or if you’re in middle of cooking and she needs to go… it’s not always convenient or possible to stop drop and run upstairs before the accident.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:07 pm
Maybe wash it in the bathtub I think to wash it in any sink is very unsanitary

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:14 pm
put a bag in the potty and throw the bag out. It's really not sanitary to wash in any sink, even bathtub is gross.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:14 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Maybe wash it in the bathtub I think to wash it in any sink is very unsanitary

Thank you. Why is it better in the bathtub? Where we actually bathe…?

All places seem gross 🤮 I just feel like I’m dealing with my children’s feces all day. It’s so so nasty 🤢.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:15 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
put a bag in the potty and throw the bag out. It's really not sanitary to wash in any sink, even bathtub is gross.

I’m going to try this. Thanks. I feel like you’re right. Which ever way I tried to get rid of it, it feels gross to me.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:17 pm
I also would never wash poop in a kitchen sink.

However I am not really understanding this as a major issue.

Does she have such frequent bowel movements? Most people have one bowel movement a day at most unless they are ill. And a bowel movement can generally be controlled for a minute or so - the amount of time it takes to go to the toilet. I mean the reality is that most people don't have a toilet right by their bed and have to walk to a toilet even if it is down the hall.

Urination might be different as the urge can be more sudden and obviously people urinate more frequently.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:18 pm
If you don’t like the way you’re doing it, you can bag it up and use Clorox wipes or the like to wipe it out each time. Scrub it upstairs at the end of the day. To do that, spray/add soap and water/ whatever, pour rinse water into the toilet.

Parenting involves a lot of poop.

lilytee

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:19 pm
Your best option is dumping it in a toilet. You do not want bleach or poop particles anywhere near your food.
I wouldn’t use bleach in my tub either but it is definitely better than a kitchen sink.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:27 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I also would never wash poop in a kitchen sink.

However I am not really understanding this as a major issue.

Does she have such frequent bowel movements? Most people have one bowel movement a day at most unless they are ill. And a bowel movement can generally be controlled for a minute or so - the amount of time it takes to go to the toilet. I mean the reality is that most people don't have a toilet right by their bed and have to walk to a toilet even if it is down the hall.

Urination might be different as the urge can be more sudden and obviously people urinate more frequently.

No, bh it only came up a few times.

Urine I dump outside and hose it down.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:28 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
If you don’t like the way you’re doing it, you can bag it up and use Clorox wipes or the like to wipe it out each time. Scrub it upstairs at the end of the day. To do that, spray/add soap and water/ whatever, pour rinse water into the toilet.

Parenting involves a lot of poop.

Haha I know. This is far from my first rodeo but the first time in this situation .

Ugh I don’t want to touch it. I don’t know why but it suddenly grosses me out so much. More than changing a diaper….

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:29 pm
lilytee wrote:
Your best option is dumping it in a toilet. You do not want bleach or poop particles anywhere near your food.
I wouldn’t use bleach in my tub either but it is definitely better than a kitchen sink.

Ok thanks everyone.

I got my answer Wink

Appreciate the no judgement for my totally gross question.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:58 pm
I would take it upstairs, but rinse it with the water that comes from flushing the toilet. That's the 'context' for potty contents... Not sink or shower.

That's what I did with my kids. Yes, it's gross. I find toilet training a hugely horrible part of parenting, and always feel like I'm the one who deserves the treats and prizes, not just the kid Wink

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:06 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
I would take it upstairs, but rinse it with the water that comes from flushing the toilet. That's the 'context' for potty contents... Not sink or shower.

That's what I did with my kids. Yes, it's gross. I find toilet training a hugely horrible part of parenting, and always feel like I'm the one who deserves the treats and prizes, not just the kid Wink

10000%

I can really use an ice cream today.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training