Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Being a mom help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:58 pm
For those who have a hard time playing with their little kids, shmoozing with the big kids, having noise in the background and messes, did anything help you? I feel like a monster most of the time and I get so triggered for lack of a better word. I would so very appreciate any help. Love my kids but my personality becomes a terror

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:44 pm
me all the way. I had anxiety that was overwhelming so I'm on meds and it helped me so much to be a more available, grounded, calm mother.
not saying that's what you should do but just my experience.
you're not alone. many struggle like you.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:47 pm
Yep anti depressants made me a much nicer mom. I got it as it helps my fybromyalgia but I wish I had taken it when my older kids were younger. I was very impatient.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 1:49 pm
I take a lot of breaks, and put on headphones. But my kids know I need space sometimes and I think that's healthier than losing it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:07 pm
amother Lily wrote:
I take a lot of breaks, and put on headphones. But my kids know I need space sometimes and I think that's healthier than losing it.

This, I have AirPods in a LOT of the time, either listening to something, or just to dull the sounds a bit. And, carving out some quiet is so healthy, means you can be more present for them, and they learn boundaries.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:06 pm
As long as they are fed, clean(ish), safe, and you are somewhat involved, you are doing a great job, don't stress about the small stuff, play/schmooze with them when you can, it doesn't have to be everyday
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics