Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Kallah Teacher
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:08 pm
I am a high school teacher and have what it takes to be a kallah teacher, I suppose.
How much did you pay for your training to become a kallah teacher?
Did you take more than 1 course? Which ones did you take? Were they good courses?
How long did it take from when you took the first lesson till you actually became a teacher?
Has anyone taken the Binyan Bdas course or Is anyone considering taking the course? What's your take on it? Is it worth the price?
How much do kallah teachers in Brooklyn NY charge per kallah privately? and in a group? How many kallahs per group?
Approximately how many classes does each kallah get?
What else should I know when considering whether this is for me or not?

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:13 pm
Following

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:20 pm
Just 5 years ago I paid 500 for private lessons

I went to a low cost one. I think then it was typically upwards of 700- 1000 depending and you can keep up with them the nice thing about it it’s someone who you can call the first few months it’s nice to keep up

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Brown wrote:
Just 5 years ago I paid 500 for lessons

I went to a low cost one. I think then it was typically upwards of 700- 1000 depending and you can keep up with them the nice thing about it it’s someone who you can call the first few months it’s nice to keep up
were you in a group or private lessons?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:28 pm
I paid $500 for private 10 years ago. I wouldn't do in a group I think this type of teaching should be done privately. I also don't think someone should be doing this just for money you really should have a passion for it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:29 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
I paid $500 for private 10 years ago. I wouldn't do in a group I think this type of teaching should be done privately. I also don't think someone should be doing this just for money you really should have a passion for it.
absolutely.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
absolutely.

Also if you can afford it would be really nice to have a sliding scale and give people who couldn't afford it a cheaper price. I'm not sure how you would vet people but would be so nice for people who legit don't have the money to also have a great experience.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:04 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Also if you can afford it would be really nice to have a sliding scale and give people who couldn't afford it a cheaper price. I'm not sure how you would vet people but would be so nice for people who legit don't have the money to also have a great experience.
Right!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:16 am
Never heard of kallah classes in a group! Sounds like a terrible idea. That does not exist where I live (Monsey )

Princess23

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I am a high school teacher and have what it takes to be a kallah teacher, I suppose.
How much did you pay for your training to become a kallah teacher?
Did you take more than 1 course? Which ones did you take? Were they good courses?
How long did it take from when you took the first lesson till you actually became a teacher?
Has anyone taken the Binyan Bdas course or Is anyone considering taking the course? What's your take on it? Is it worth the price?
How much do kallah teachers in Brooklyn NY charge per kallah privately? and in a group? How many kallahs per group?
Approximately how many classes does each kallah get?
What else should I know when considering whether this is for me or not?

I think the yoetzet program pays the students, not vice versa, but your gemera skills have to be very good, learn like a men lol.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:27 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Never heard of kallah classes in a group! Sounds like a terrible idea. That does not exist where I live (Monsey )
I went as a kallah in a group. only 3 of the classes were one on one. That's the only way I have experienced it and I loved it. I'm not sure how it would feel to be 1 on 1, so I can't compare the two. But why do you feel it's a terrible idea? what did you like about being 1 on 1 for every halacha and hashkafa class?

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:27 am
Recently I paid $1000 and it was about 10/11 sessions each one about 2hrs (monsey)

You need to have a Rav that can answer all your students questions. I had many questions for my teacher, (not all Halacha based, many were hashkafa based) she would write it down and have an answer for me the next session. I liked that she didn't just come up with her own ideas.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:30 am
amother OP wrote:
I went as a kallah in a group. 3 of the classes were one on one. That's the only way I have experienced it and I loved it. I'm not sure how it would feel to be 1 on 1, so I can't compare the two. But why do you feel it's a terrible idea? what did you like about being 1 on 1 for every halacha and hashkafa class?

I would certainly not like group classes. I ask a lot of questions I would not feel comfortable in a group.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:24 am
amother OP wrote:
I went as a kallah in a group. only 3 of the classes were one on one. That's the only way I have experienced it and I loved it. I'm not sure how it would feel to be 1 on 1, so I can't compare the two. But why do you feel it's a terrible idea? what did you like about being 1 on 1 for every halacha and hashkafa class?

My kallah teacher learnt me and my personality and adjusted her style according to me. She also knew my in laws and who was teaching my husband so she adjusted based on that too, because she knew where he was coming from. I had some minor issues that crept in, and wouldn’t have, if she wasn’t teaching one on one. She was able to help me with them. My mother was totally emotionally unavailable and not the address. (Issues with the pills/ my period/ worries about my complicated college schedule/ etc. communication issues with my husband or in-laws, nervousness about intimacy.)
We had some problems when we first got married, (couldn’t get it in) I would not have felt comfortable talking to her about all of it had we not spent so much time one on one.

mom923

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:16 am
I got married two years ago. In Baltimore I had 8 classes and was given a range of $800-$1000.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:34 am
I took Tehilla Abramov's course and I cant recall what the price was, but anyone who takes it has to promise they will never charge a kallah. So I charge zero. I do believe others who made this promise do charge.

I seem to have gotten a reputation for teaching second time around kallahs which is great, as I can shift focus and relate to certain issues if the kallah wishes to discuss. A kallah just reached out to me that she was quoted 2k in our city just for her refresher course and wanted to know my fee. I said zero! Especially as a second time around kallah who is also a mother, her funds are very VERY limited and she begged others in the area to lower the fee but non one would. She knows me but did not know I do this, so she asked me if I had any recs and I told her I do it. My husband is doing chasson classes for her chasson as well, also free.

I don't get a ton of kallahs and that's totally fine. I suspect because I don't charge, people think I'm a bad option, but that's fine.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:51 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
Recently I paid $1000 and it was about 10/11 sessions each one about 2hrs (monsey)

You need to have a Rav that can answer all your students questions. I had many questions for my teacher, (not all Halacha based, many were hashkafa based) she would write it down and have an answer for me the next session. I liked that she didn't just come up with her own ideas.

Can you share the name of your kallah teacher ? This sounds like the type of kallah teacher I’m looking for , in monsey .

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:54 am
My kallah teacher was trained by tehila abramov.
She only charged for the babysitter she needed.
Other than that free.
My parents gave a gift

ddmom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:14 am
watergirl wrote:
I took Tehilla Abramov's course and I cant recall what the price was, but anyone who takes it has to promise they will never charge a kallah. So I charge zero. I do believe others who made this promise do charge.

I seem to have gotten a reputation for teaching second time around kallahs which is great, as I can shift focus and relate to certain issues if the kallah wishes to discuss. A kallah just reached out to me that she was quoted 2k in our city just for her refresher course and wanted to know my fee. I said zero! Especially as a second time around kallah who is also a mother, her funds are very VERY limited and she begged others in the area to lower the fee but non one would. She knows me but did not know I do this, so she asked me if I had any recs and I told her I do it. My husband is doing chasson classes for her chasson as well, also free.

I don't get a ton of kallahs and that's totally fine. I suspect because I don't charge, people think I'm a bad option, but that's fine.

Kol hakavod!! So refreshing to know ppl like you still exist!
May the zechus of teaching kallas for free bring lots of bracha in your life!

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:43 am
ddmom wrote:
Kol hakavod!! So refreshing to know ppl like you still exist!
May the zechus of teaching kallas for free bring lots of bracha in your life!

Wow, AMEN and thank you!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics