Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Kallah having IV fluids wedding day
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:53 am
Has anyone heard of these places that do iv drips of fluids and vitamins… they have one for wedding day. My daughter doesn’t eat much and on her wedding day would love her to have the energy without the fear of fainting from so much dancing and nerves. Has anyone had this done for their daughter on their wedding day. Is it safe, can it cause any bad reactions. I feel like it’s almost like getting iv fluid when dehydrated , which isn’t bad

salt

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone heard of these places that do iv drips of fluids and vitamins… they have one for wedding day. My daughter doesn’t eat much and on her wedding day would love her to have the energy without the fear of fainting from so much dancing and nerves. Has anyone had this done for their daughter on their wedding day. Is it safe, can it cause any bad reactions. I feel like it’s almost like getting iv fluid when dehydrated , which isn’t bad

I've only heard of someone getting an IV for fasting on Yom Kippur. But it's not easy.
Does she faint easily?
Sounds like it would be simpler to ensure she eats healthily on her wedding day.
She doesn't have to eat tons. Just regularly drink and eat something nutritious for breakfast and lunch.
Unless she has some more serious eating disorder, in which case I'm not qualified to answer you.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:02 am
I would seriously get to the bottom of why she feels she needs this. It is not normal to get your fluids via iv rather than eat and drink properly sounds like there is underlying issues at play that I would want addressed before my daughter got married rather than encourage an unhealthy issue.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:02 am
I’m a bad faster so we asked our rabbi and he said not to fast. That sounds cheaper and easier than what you are proposing. Also come to the hall with lots of Gatorade/Powerade and her favorite foods and snacks.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:34 am
As someone who has had at home IV infusions for HG and a serious medical condition

My dr won’t allow any of these home health companies. He says it is way too easy to knock your electrolytes out of balance.

I agree with the posters above that maybe ensuring she gets all the nutrients she needs thru food and drinking is a better idea but if youre adamant abt Iv please ask a dr first

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:38 am
amother Lime wrote:
I’m a bad faster so we asked our rabbi and he said not to fast. That sounds cheaper and easier than what you are proposing. Also come to the hall with lots of Gatorade/Powerade and her favorite foods and snacks.
This, she may halachically not be allowed to fast. Please ask.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:40 am
Not everyone fasts on their wedding day. My DD married a boy whose yeshiva does not have that minhag, and she did not fast.
As someone who fasted on my wedding day and fainted after my chuppah, none of my DD's will be fasting past chatzos on their wedding day if I have any say in the matter ...it's a minhag, not a Halacha, to fast.
Please see to it that your daughter drinks fluids plentifully and eats healthy foods. If this is an issue for her please address it ASAP.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:44 am
She probably doesn’t have to fast if she’s such a bad faster and is weak in general.
I never heard of a kallah getting iv but I did hear of kallahs who don’t fast.

essie14

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:46 am
Our rabbi said I can break my fast at chatzot or earlier if I think I won't fast well.
I knew I'd never last until nightfall.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:50 am
amother Peach wrote:
I would seriously get to the bottom of why she feels she needs this. It is not normal to get your fluids via iv rather than eat and drink properly sounds like there is underlying issues at play that I would want addressed before my daughter got married rather than encourage an unhealthy issue.

This

patzer

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:03 am
Chayalle wrote:
Not everyone fasts on their wedding day. My DD married a boy whose yeshiva does not have that minhag, and she did not fast.
As someone who fasted on my wedding day and fainted after my chuppah, none of my DD's will be fasting past chatzos on their wedding day if I have any say in the matter ...it's a minhag, not a Halacha, to fast.
Please see to it that your daughter drinks fluids plentifully and eats healthy foods. If this is an issue for her please address it ASAP.

What if your daughter can fast easily, and finds this minhag meaningful? Why would you deny her the chance?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:41 am
patzer wrote:
What if your daughter can fast easily, and finds this minhag meaningful? Why would you deny her the chance?

I don't have any daughters who fast easily, to be honest.
If you went thru passing out after the chuppah and feeling nauseous and dizzy for the rest of your wedding, though, you wouldn't even ask me this question.
I'm not letting any of my daughters experience that. It isn't meaningful, trust me on that one.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:49 am
These IV fluids are very trendy on IG, you see the "famous" IG influencers going for IV drips from time to time when a company sponsors it. I believe this is why OP's daughter is thinking this is a good idea? As opposed to asking your rav if she has to even should be fasting at all.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:49 am
My daughter had a banana bag after the chuppah

chestnut

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:55 am
amother Lime wrote:

Same here, a bad faster and didn't fast on my wedding day

chestnut

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:57 am
The truth is, OP didn't say anything about fasting. She said her daughter doesn't eat much in general, so might not do anything with fasting.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:05 am
chestnut wrote:
The truth is, OP didn't say anything about fasting. She said her daughter doesn't eat much in general, so might not do anything with fasting.

Yes this is how I read it too, which to me is worrisome.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:05 am
Chayalle wrote:
I don't have any daughters who fast easily, to be honest.
If you went thru passing out after the chuppah and feeling nauseous and dizzy for the rest of your wedding, though, you wouldn't even ask me this question.
I'm not letting any of my daughters experience that. It isn't meaningful, trust me on that one.

Exactly. I did fast on my wedding day and yes it did feel meaningful to me but by the time I got married I had almost 10 years of fasting experience and knew I was a good faster. Anyone who feels weak while fasting should definitely ask a rav (or get married on rosh chodesh Wink ) I've heard that there is actually a major shift now and most people don't fast but I have no clue if it's true

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:09 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
Exactly. I did fast on my wedding day and yes it did feel meaningful to me but by the time I got married I had almost 10 years of fasting experience and knew I was a good faster. Anyone who feels weak while fasting should definitely ask a rav (or get married on rosh chodesh Wink ) I've heard that there is actually a major shift now and most people don't fast but I have no clue if it's true

And even if you are a good faster, you don't usually dance up a storm at the end of a fast day.....you sit down and relax to some homemade food, and rest up if you need. A wedding is a whole different level.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 6:22 am
amother Pear wrote:
My daughter had a banana bag after the chuppah

What's a banana bag??
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics