Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
School schedule exempt
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:07 am
Hi- I’m not looking to start an argument just leads.
Is there still any way in New York to get an exempt from vaccinating a preschool kid?
Besides the flu shot which became mandatory this year- my kid is mostly shot free and I would like to keep it that way but the school tells me there is no choice. Either I start getting my kid up to date or the kids can’t come back.
Any advice?
Thank you!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:12 am
You can test for immunity for some, and then if your child is immune you won't have to give that vaccine.
But there are some that you would have to give because there is no way to test.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:16 am
I'm really annoyed about having to give my 4 year old the flu shot this year, just to make big pharma even richer. Next up, mandatory covid vaccines, thanks to all the people that supported the mandates. I don't doubt it is coming soon.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 12:07 pm
It’s a real problem in New York. Consider moving to another state.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:30 pm
I live in NJ so could be it's different, but I wrote a letter why I don't believe in the flu shot for religious reasons and I was fine. This is in a board of ed daycare where the state requires it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I live in NJ so could be it's different, but I wrote a letter why I don't believe in the flu shot for religious reasons and I was fine. This is in a board of ed daycare where the state requires it.

New York recently changed the law. I think in 2021 or 2022 no more religious exempt.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Stone wrote:

Is there religious exemption in NJ?

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 2:29 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

I believe so.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 2:47 pm
NY is terrible. There are ways around it but they are "illegal" so I wont post them here

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 3:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
New York recently changed the law. I think in 2021 or 2022 no more religious exempt.

Actually I think it was 2019. It was for sure before covid.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 4:13 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Actually I think it was 2019. It was for sure before covid.
correct.
by the measles outbreak

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:00 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Officially yes
Many yeshiva won't take it including the Modox ones

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:08 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
NY is terrible. There are ways around it but they are "illegal" so I wont post them here

exactly
I wont post them here
ask around

There are plenty of schools in NJ that don't accept RE anyway and plenty that didn't accept it before NY changed the law...

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:11 pm
The flu shot has been mandatory in preschool for years. It's not a new thing this year

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
The flu shot has been mandatory in preschool for years. It's not a new thing this year

I thought only for kindergarten, because that’s when school officially starts?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Stone wrote:

You don't mind lying about your religion? There is nothing in our religion that opposes vaccinations and plenty that supports them. Unless you're secretly a Christian Scientist and are here under false pretenses.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Puce wrote:
You don't mind lying about your religion? There is nothing in our religion that opposes vaccinations and plenty that supports them. Unless you're secretly a Christian Scientist and are here under false pretenses.

This is extremely rude and inappropriate!

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 6:58 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I thought only for kindergarten, because that’s when school officially starts?

It is mandatory for 3k and UPK, which is government funded preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. There are many frum 3k and upk programs and they require the flu shot.
These are the 2 years before public school officially starts at 5

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 7:18 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
It is mandatory for 3k and UPK, which is government funded preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. There are many frum 3k and upk programs and they require the flu shot.
These are the 2 years before public school officially starts at 5

Got it. So it’s only required before kindergarten IF you send to a government program. They require it for daycare as well I believe, in NYC.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 7:38 pm
amother Puce wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure "venishmartem meod lenafshosechem," covers it (among other things).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics