Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Doctor costume

grin

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:46 am
what do we need besides:
a stethoscope, white jacket, thermometer, syringe, bottles with colored water, vitamin-pills - what did we forget?
(for a 10-yr-old)

rikismom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:56 am
Doing the same theme- what r u doing for mishloach manos?

realeez

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 10:58 am
My boys wore little scrubs a few years ago and I got pill bottles with candy inside with a cute message on it, made bandaid shaped cookies, gave an apple with the apple a day keeps the doctors away, and a can of tea. I wanted to put in Arizona RX but they only have the big bottles that are like $2 each so it wasn't worth it.

geemum

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:37 pm
grin wrote:
what do we need besides:
a stethoscope, white jacket, thermometer, syringe, bottles with colored water, vitamin-pills - what did we forget?
(for a 10-yr-old)

hi want to dress my DS (5, 3) as doctors this year. What sort of white jacket do u use? thanks.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:42 pm
definitely do the scrubs instead of the white jacket. But if you're a crafty person, they're not hard to make with a sewing machine and cheap, white fabric. (lay out the shape of the jacket, cut it, sew it together--it'll look handmade, but the kids won't care) Smile

PS If any Halloween stores are still open, I bet they may have doctor costumes....

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:44 pm
you can get lab coats cheaply, too; pm me if you want a list of places in brooklyn - or check ebay. then you'll have it to play with or for other purims.

geemum

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 4:58 am
Thanks for your replies.

My DS deosn't really know the "doctor in scrubs" to him a doctor is the paediatrician with a stethoscope etc. Even then they don't wear the white jacket, but I told him they usually do! Otherwise not much of a costume - just regular clothes and a stethascope!

will look on ebay - thank for the tip. I'm not in Brooklyn so ur list can't help me. All the halloween stores have "bloody doctors" and "doctor death" Exploding anger

kitov

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 9:58 am
Yeah the white labcoat, stethoscope,

But add,
A neatly pressed navy pants
striped formal shirt
a necktie
a doctor bag to hold
and a round mirror worn on the forehead, dunno what it's called, to complete the look!

(http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerce/control/product/~product_id=00351432)

loveshoes

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:48 pm
Check a thrift store around your area and you will probably find scrubs. I wanted to do that for my son, but he wants to be a police office. However I am having a hard time finding one that would fit him (he is a size 16 husky). Any ideas??

lovemywig

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:51 pm
I dressed up my dd last year as a dr. We got the green scrubs in staten island hospital gift shop. They make it out of scrap ( wasnt alot)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics