Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Doctor Visit
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:36 pm
I went today because really feeling sick. Turns out it's the flu
The dr was like staying across the room and made me wear a mask.
As she was leaving I said "you're nit going to check my lungs?" (I have cough, shortness of breath etc)

She snottily replied she doesn't think it's necessary and want to limit her exposure.

Why do these people become Dr's if they can't handle germs?

UltimTely she checked with a stethoscope but was standing like a mile away.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:48 pm
They obviously make good money, otherwise, get a computer job. Notice all the girls running to become nurse practitioners?
Now all the medical people will start yelling that they are poor from paying back student loans etc and only doing it for the good of mankind.
Refuah Sheleima

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:54 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
They obviously make good money, otherwise, get a computer job. Notice all the girls running to become nurse practitioners?
Now all the medical people will start yelling that they are poor from paying back student loans etc and only doing it for the good of mankind.
Refuah Sheleima

I’m a nurse practitioner. Yes I make good money. I also examine people with all kinds of contagious diseases and risk myself and my family when I do so. I’m not poor. Or rich for that matter, but I do work very hard.

Let me tell you something else. People are not going into nursing or medicine for the money. We are actively discouraging people we know from joining the medical field. I told my own children don’t bother. People don’t respect you and think they hired you because they have medical bills and treat us like a combination of hotel staff and waiters. Computers aren’t rude.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 2:31 pm
You should call them and speak to a manager or something. That’s unacceptable!
I’ve been using chemed for years and never had that

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I went today because really feeling sick. Turns out it's the flu
The dr was like staying across the room and made me wear a mask.
As she was leaving I said "you're nit going to check my lungs?" (I have cough, shortness of breath etc)

She snottily replied she doesn't think it's necessary and want to limit her exposure.

Why do these people become Dr's if they can't handle germs?

UltimTely she checked with a stethoscope but was standing like a mile away.

OP, instead of bashing an organization online, call up on sunday or monday and ask to speak with a manager, tell them you want to file a complaint and give the details.

I'm sure if you had a company and one employee gave a bad experience to a customer, you wouldn't want the customer bashing your entire company online.

There are complicated halachos about bashing an organization in a public forum, your post is very concerning but you have to at least talk to them yourself instead of bad mouthing them in this way... or ask a sheila before bad mouthing them.

and remember - as much as we think we're anonymous as "Ima" we're not anonymous before HKBH, even though we want to be.

And definitely, call up next week to give your feedback. It's important they know what happened so they can do something about it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
OP, instead of bashing an organization online, call up on sunday or monday and ask to speak with a manager, tell them you want to file a complaint and give the details.

I'm sure if you had a company and one employee gave a bad experience to a customer, you wouldn't want the customer bashing your entire company online.

There are complicated halachos about bashing an organization in a public forum, your post is very concerning but you have to at least talk to them yourself instead of bad mouthing them in this way... or ask a sheila before bad mouthing them.

and remember - as much as we think we're anonymous as "Ima" we're not anonymous before HKBH, even though we want to be.

And definitely, call up next week to give your feedback. It's important they know what happened so they can do something about it.

Oh please.
How was this bashing?
I was simply asking if anyone else had this experience. I remember my husband had a similar experience. I was asking I'd this is normal across the board. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh please.
How was this bashing?
I was simply asking if anyone else had this experience. I remember my husband had a similar experience. I was asking I'd this is normal across the board. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

How is it not bashing?
My family has used them plenty of time and are extremely happy with them. I know one of the managers personally and I know that he would not stand for this.
I understand why you’re upset, but bashing them here is not the answer. Call and file a formal complaint

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh please.
How was this bashing?

Instead of making it about one jerk who wasn’t doing her job, you called out an entire organization that does so much chesed and good in our community.

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:13 pm
Have used them tons of times and never had an experience like that

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:14 pm
That’s really off. It’s normal to examine contagious people properly.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:15 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
That’s really off. It’s normal to examine contagious people properly.

Thanks that's what I thought.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh please.
How was this bashing?

Whether or not you think it's normal, if you had a negative experience, you should call up and ask for a manager to let them know. There are steps to take before calling out an organization online and naming them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:50 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Whether or not you think it's normal, if you had a negative experience, you should call up and ask for a manager to let them know. There are steps to take before calling out an organization online and naming them.

My title was changed long ago in case you didn't notice.

oneofakind

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:10 pm
FYI.They are a government funded community health center. Not a chesed organization. Every initiative is government funded.if a client is not on Medicaid, they pay copay, deductible etc.
This is not the same as discussing Tomchei Shabbos, A Time etc.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:13 pm
oneofakind wrote:
FYI.They are a government funded community health center. Not a chesed organization. Every initiative is government funded.if a client is not on Medicaid, they pay copay, deductible etc.
This is not the same as discussing Tomchei Shabbos, A Time etc.

Lol exactly.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:15 pm
No different than Ocean Health Initiative that services Hispanics.

cuffs

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:16 pm
Maybe it was the Drs first day back from maternity leave and she’s scared to get her newborn and herself sick. Or she’s not managing juggling her job with pesach coming and the thing that will really make her lose her mind is getting sick right now.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:19 pm
Was she wearing a mask?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:22 pm
cuffs wrote:
Maybe it was the Drs first day back from maternity leave and she’s scared to get her newborn and herself sick. Or she’s not managing juggling her job with pesach coming and the thing that will really make her lose her mind is getting sick right now.

She's Indian I believe. And maternity leave or nit, it'd her job to thoroughly check the patient. If you're nervous about contagious germs DONT BE A DR.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:22 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Was she wearing a mask?

I think so
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries