Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Should I go to a wedding on 8th night?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 2:15 pm
We were invited to a wedding of a friend on the 8th night of Chanukah. I'd love to go, however, I feel so bad about leaving the kids on the last night! The wedding is about 3 hours away, so there is no chance of lighting before we left. We can't bring the kids, we have no one to watch them and they are not invited to the wedding.

I feel even worse leaving them that night because so many other nights we are not going to have a nice, family lighting all together. The 1st two nights, dh is not home. Shabbos Chanuka we have to be away because of dh's job (long story...we will be together, but it won't be the same as being at home) And the night before (3rd night) we will be so busy packing for Shabbos, that no one will have time to sit and enjoy. After Shabbos we will be travelling back home (5th night) so half the kids will be totally out of it by the time we get home and light. 6th night my in-laws decided to visit. They aren't frum and always have "problems" with anything religious, including Chanuka! Than leaves us with Monday night (7th night) of being home together.

So, I am so torn about this wedding. I don't want to just have one night just with the kids! I feel so bad for them that the whole week is so chaotic! Should we go or just stay home...or maybe just dh should go to the wedding...then at least I'll be home with the kids?

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 5:55 pm
You can always sit with your kids and have a chanukah party before you leave. Eat latkes, donuts, play dreidle.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 8:50 pm
Raisin wrote:
You can always sit with your kids and have a chanukah party before you leave. Eat latkes, donuts, play dreidle.

We have to leave between 2 and 3 in the afternoon...most of my kids are still in school at that time

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 05 2007, 8:57 pm
I'd be really torn too. I guess it depends on how good a friend it is. Will your husband be upset if you (meaning both of you) don't go?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics