Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Friday night chicken

peace2

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:12 am
I’m hosting Friday night and I need a chicken recipe. My guests are a. Health conscious and b. Don’t like chicken on the bone. We don’t like grilled chicken and prefer saucy chicken like poppers or sweet and sour chicken but I’m nervous that’s too unhealthy for my guests. Does anyone have a recipe for cutlets in a flavorful sauce that’s healthy?

hodeez

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:16 am
Chicken marsala

peace2

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:12 pm
hodeez wrote:
Chicken marsala

Would prefer something a little easier...

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:22 pm
There’s a great video from Yossi Weisz on kosher.com where he shows you how to make quinoa chicken. Use boneless bottoms and cut the cooking time from 2 hours to 90 minutes. There’s no sugar, no honey, no sauces, it’s all clean good ingredients.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:21 pm
This one's super easy. I call it fake pesto chicken or "pesto" chicken. Just mash up a bunch of frozen cubes of basil and garlic and add olive oil and salt and pepper to make the "pesto" and spread it over chicken cutlets in a pan. Add a little bit of water or dry white wine to the bottom of the pan so it won't dry out while cooking and the chicken will add it's own juices as well. Bake at 350 for ~35 minutes covered.

This is another pretty easy and healthy one: https://www.foodandwine.com/re.....emary . I just make the sauce and pour it over the chicken in a pan and bake it. I also add a bit of dry white wine for added flavor. Makes a good Pesach recipe too if you use all the ingredients.

Fave

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:25 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
This one's super easy. I call it fake pesto chicken or "pesto" chicken. Just mash up a bunch of frozen cubes of basil and garlic and add olive oil and salt and pepper to make the "pesto" and spread it over chicken cutlets in a pan. Add a little bit of water or dry white wine to the bottom of the pan so it won't dry out while cooking and the chicken will add it's own juices as well. Bake at 350 for ~35 minutes covered.

This is another pretty easy and healthy one: https://www.foodandwine.com/re.....emary . I just make the sauce and pour it over the chicken in a pan and bake it. I also add a bit of dry white wine for added flavor. Makes a good Pesach recipe too if you use all the ingredients.

Do you bake the pesto chicken covered? Thin sliced cutlets or regular non sliced?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:51 pm
I always bake saucy cutlets covered so the sauce doesn't evaporate. I use regular cutlets, but you can use whatever you want. You may need to bake thinner cutlets for a shorter amount of time though.

Reality

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 1:55 pm
I've poured lemon juice and white wine over cutlets, sprinkle a little pepper and cover in sliced mushrooms. Bake covered. It is very moist and flavorful.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 2:21 pm
Season and grill dark chicken cutlets. Glaze half of them once done, and put under the broiler for a few minutes for those that like things saucy (or put half on the blech in the sauce).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics