Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Night traffic

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:25 pm
Anyone else had a crazy hard time tonight getting through town since all roads to Lakewood were closed? It took me one hour to get my son (normally ten minutes). I seriously thought I’d have to get the police to pick him up.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:26 pm
Yeah it's crazy! Takes so long to get anywhere. Every single route is closed.

UQT

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:33 pm
It’s insanity. I called the township to complain and they sympathized and did nothing

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:40 pm
I frequently drive at night for the past number of years. In all those years I’ve never had traffic from blocked roads like tonight. Literally ever major artery was blocked. I really thought I would not be able to get my son. Honestly shaking (I feel so stupid writing this knowing there are so many bigger issues in the world now but just need to vent , sorry if I’m being insensitive to others).

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:49 pm
I know last night Rt 9 and parts of Cross were closed. Which roads were closed tonight?
As an aside, I wish they would close them later, ad Lakewood is still hopping at 10 PM?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:57 pm
New Hampshire , the nine , Massachusetts , each in a number of areas in such a way that it was virtually impossible to get around without driving way out of the way. I’ve dealt with road closure over the years but nothing remotely like this. And all these closures lead to unusually high traffic volume.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:23 pm
Wow that’s so crazy! I wonder how long this will go on for. Thank you for the heads up, I haven’t had to go out at night lately so didn’t know about this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries