Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Hot chani
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

black sheep

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:20 pm
tell that to this poster, and to the likes she got.

Bitachon101 wrote:
Its that neighbors wife that dresses just too inticing that u really don't want ur dh catching a glimpse of lest he covet her or wish u were as hot but are not. (Whether or not u r or aren't).
Especially when she keeps flicking back that oh so long and luscious wig in public. Etc.

Then dh comes home and wants u to buy a tight hot pink skirt and tall leather boots and grow ur sheital and ur like, u kiddin me? shock shock shock

besides, I find the term "hot chani" offensive. so when a posters asks "what is a hot chani?" well, I would hope the answer is, "chani in miami in the summer." not a page full of posts describing a certain dress.

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:24 pm
Ok, bitachon (+1liker) nobody is out to get your husband(s)! Very Happy

black sheep

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:26 pm
oh, and this lovely post, and its likes:

rachel91 wrote:
Op, don't confuse 'hot chanies' with well dressed, looked after, fashion savy ladies. Those two things are not one and the same.

hmmm, just discussing, right......

forever21

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:28 pm
I have a more important question: Why do these women feel the NEED to dress up like that?? wearing tight clothing with long shaitel and tons of makeup is soooo uncomfortable! I feel bad for people that dress like that. they must have a big void in their life and are trying to make up for it by dressing that way.
Me? I prefer being comfortable as I run around all day working, taking care of kids, and running errands. I would not last a day in those tight clothes, my stomach would be popping out as soon as I ate lunch. Rolling Eyes

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:30 pm
black sheep wrote:
oh, and this lovely post, and its likes:

hmmm, just discussing, right......

Sorry, didn't intend to come off judgemental in my first post at all. Just tried to explain it to op, I also don't like the term. But op asked for an explanation.

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:39 pm
black sheep wrote:
besides, I find the term "hot chani" offensive. so when a posters asks "what is a hot chani?" well, I would hope the answer is, "chani in miami in the summer."

But that wouldn't be true Confused .

I don't like the term dumb***, but if someone asks me what it means I'm not going to be like, "Oh, it means a donkey of sub-par intelligence."

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:55 pm
forever21 wrote:
I have a more important question: Why do these women feel the NEED to dress up like that?? wearing tight clothing with long shaitel and tons of makeup is soooo uncomfortable! I feel bad for people that dress like that. they must have a big void in their life and are trying to make up for it by dressing that way.
Me? I prefer being comfortable as I run around all day working, taking care of kids, and running errands. I would not last a day in those tight clothes, my stomach would be popping out as soon as I ate lunch. Rolling Eyes

What a horrible post. Just because you don't enjoy to dress up and prefer to run around looking like a shmattah, doesn't mean that women who dress up have a void in their lives. That's a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at.

It also plays up your own jealousy and insecurities.

here2chill

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:14 pm
Maya wrote:
What a horrible post. Just because you don't enjoy to dress up and prefer to run around looking like a shmattah, doesn't mean that women who dress up have a void in their lives. That's a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at.

It's one thing to 'dress up' and another to wear 'tight fitted' clothes. Don't you see the difference?!

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:19 pm
Maya wrote:

There is also a big difference in ' not dressing up' and 'running around like a shmatte'.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:19 pm
here2chill wrote:
It's one thing to 'dress up' and another to wear 'tight fitted' clothes. Don't you see the difference?!

I don't see how it's anyone's business, and I don't see how it automatically translates into an empty life. On the contrary, I could totally say that those who enjoy walking around looking like a wrung-out rag have a void in THEIR lives. They are missing that part of them that wants to feel good in nice clothes, and have instead become submissive and a slave to their children and/or household duties. I don't see that as more admirable at all.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:23 pm
Both conclusions, mine and the previous poster's, are equally ridiculous.
I'll maintain that those who passionately deride women who dress this way, and think it's "better" to walk around like a shlump, have never gotten over their jealousy.

sequoia

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:26 pm
But not wearing skin-tight clothes doesn't make you a shmatta or a dishrag or any of those things.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:27 pm
sequoia wrote:
But not wearing skin-tight clothes doesn't make you a shmatta or a dishrag or any of those things.

And wearing them doesn't make you an empty-headed bimbo.

cookiecutter

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:28 pm
zaq wrote:
Quite negative. It means an ostensibly frum woman who may (or may not necessarily) abide by the metrics of the laws of tzniut, iow neckline height, sleeve length and skirt length, but in all other ways dresses and/or acts s*xy, wearing trendy body-hugging clothing, very long and full sheitlach, obvious makeup and so on.
To me it depends on whether the person wants to look the way she does. If she doesn't, then it's negative because she'd probably be upset to find that she looks different than she intended. If she wants to look that way, it's a compliment, like "mission accomplished". I have more important things to do* than figure out whether someone else's fashion choices are "good" or "bad".

*Well, not really, but I ought to have more important things to do and so I pretend that I do.

here2chill

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:31 pm
sequoia wrote:

Was about to type those words Thumbs Up

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:33 pm
I don't wear tight clothes. Or long wigs. Or heavy makeup. I don't find the whole Hot Chani look attractive at all. But it's just so stupid to assume that all these women do it because they have nothing better to do.

It goes hand in hand with the assumption that all rich women have empty lives, and that it's more "admirable" to be dirt poor. Which brings us back to the jealousy thing.

Imamother is a funny place.

sequoia

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:44 pm
I think people are opposed to it because it's immodest, not because they're jealous or envious.

sayinghi

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:49 pm
sequoia wrote:
I think people are opposed to it because it's immodest, not because they're jealous or envious.

You are giving human nature too much credit.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:50 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
Its that neighbors wife that dresses just too inticing that u really don't want ur dh catching a glimpse of lest he covet her or wish u were as hot but are not. (Whether or not u r or aren't).
Especially when she keeps flicking back that oh so long and luscious wig in public. Etc.

Then dh comes home and wants u to buy a tight hot pink skirt and tall leather boots and grow ur sheital and ur like, u kiddin me? shock shock shock

and this is merely because the neighbor dresses this way?

unless you put blinders on you DH, he is going to be able to see other women. on the street, on the subway, out at dinner. period. if you're worried DH won't find you as enticing as other women, this has less to do with your neighbor than your own self consciousness. (if DH purposely compare you to other women, that's a whole other thread. but your neighbor is not the reason why.)

additionally, am I concerned my DH would wish I was hotter? I'm not julia roberts, and he chose me. he's no bradley cooper, but I adore him just the same.

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:01 pm
sayinghi wrote:
You are giving human nature too much credit.

There will be those, who are jealous.
Those who are opposed to it, because of immodesty and those who don't care.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics