Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dropped pareve measuring spoon in warm-hot chicken soup

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:17 pm
I accidentally dropped pareve plastic teaspoon into warm but not too hot chicken soup container that was cooling on counter. When I went to retrieve it , the chicken soup was more on warm side than hot. It was not so hot that I withdrew my hand quickly- Yaad Soledes Bo. I. washed it off quickly with soap and water .is it still pareve? I never use it for milchiks anyway but still would like to know if measuring spoon is still pareve.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I accidentally dropped pareve plastic teaspoon into warm but not too hot chicken soup container that was cooling on counter. When I went to retrieve it , the chicken soup was more on warm side than hot. It was not so hot that I withdrew my hand quickly- Yaad Soledes Bo. I. washed it off quickly with soap and water .is it still pareve? I never use it for milchiks anyway but still would like to know if measuring spoon is still pareve.

Ask your Rov.

octopus

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:19 pm
Consult a rav
But an important point to include is what temperature water you washed it in.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:27 pm
My husband said its fine if the fire wasnt on under the pot, cli rishon

If you want just stick spoon in boiling water for a minute

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:19 pm
If you're always using that measuring spoon for cold items, it doesn't matter if it's actually fleishig. Your food will still be pareve. Side point that may be helpful 😉
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics