Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Hot chani
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Shoelover

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 8:14 pm
I'm pretty new here and keep seeing this term. What does it mean? Does it have a positive or negative connotation?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 8:15 pm
Shoelover wrote:
I'm pretty new here and keep seeing this term. What does it mean? Does it have a positive or negative connotation?

Negative!

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:55 pm
Quite negative. It means an ostensibly frum woman who may (or may not necessarily) abide by the metrics of the laws of tzniut, iow neckline height, sleeve length and skirt length, but in all other ways dresses and/or acts s*xy, wearing trendy body-hugging clothing, very long and full sheitlach, obvious makeup and so on.

Shoelover

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:59 pm
zaq wrote:
Quite negative. It means an ostensibly frum woman who may (or may not necessarily) abide by the metrics of the laws of tzniut, iow neckline height, sleeve length and skirt length, but in all other ways dresses and/or acts s*xy, wearing trendy body-hugging clothing, very long and full sheitlach, obvious makeup and so on.
why is that negativ? CCan't you be tznius and look pretty too?

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:21 pm
Shoelover wrote:
why is that negativ? CCan't you be tznius and look pretty too?

"pretty" and "s*xy" are two very different looks. You can be tznius and look GORGEOUS, but not necessarily be tznius and look HOT - there's a difference.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 8:25 pm
Ask a man! Wink

One woman can look very eidel, pulled together and stylish. Another can make a man turn his head so fast he walks into a lamp post and get whiplash! Both women can have their knees covered - it just depends on the image their presenting.

Here's some general guidelines: http://www.theknish.com/articl.....uide/

heidi

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 2:17 pm
I'll give you an example.
A few years ago I stayed at a hotel for Pesach. The hotel was a chain with several of the same name hosting pesach programs.
I told a friend that while the participants were very haimish in general, there was one "hot Chani" in the crowd. Wavy shaitel all the way down her back, well done but very obvious makeup, tight tight tight outfits (all below the knees and elbows, mind you) and hooker heels. Every single day of yom tov.
This friend had a friend who had been at a program at a hotel with the same name. She was trying to figure out if we had been at the same program, and her friend mentioned that there had been one "hot Chani" at her program. . .
That's a hot Chani-- so easily identifiable and very stand outish in the crowd.

mirror

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:43 pm
You can't judge.

Last edited by mirror on Tue, Dec 29 2015, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shoelover

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:46 pm
Ohhh ok I think I got it lol thanks

MamaBear

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:01 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I saw a Hot Chani walking in front of me on the way back from a grocery store. Her husband was typical Yeshivish, white shirt, black pants.

Her skirt was shaped to hug the buttocks. It is much tighter than the pencil skirts that were in style not too long ago.

I whispered in her ear that her panty lines were showing, thinking she would get the hint. She casually remarked to me, "Don't worry. It's just my bodysuit. My panty lines aren't showing."

Rolling Eyes

You told a stranger her pantylines are showing! you ARE opinionated! Wink

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:10 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
I saw a Hot Chani walking in front of me on the way back from a grocery store. Her husband was typical Yeshivish, white shirt, black pants.

Her skirt was shaped to hug the buttocks. It is much tighter than the pencil skirts that were in style not too long ago.

I whispered in her ear that her panty lines were showing, thinking she would get the hint. She casually remarked to me, "Don't worry. It's just my bodysuit. My panty lines aren't showing."

Rolling Eyes

That's so inappropriate to talk to a stranger about her panty lines. shock
In fact, I bet it was a lot more crude than whatever she was wearing.

Shoelover

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:54 am
What about designer clothes is that part of it?

heidi

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:14 am
Not really. Designer clothes can be elegant and beautiful without being overly tight and revealing. It's more about how she wears than what she wears.

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:42 am
Its that neighbors wife that dresses just too inticing that u really don't want ur dh catching a glimpse of lest he covet her or wish u were as hot but are not. (Whether or not u r or aren't).
Especially when she keeps flicking back that oh so long and luscious wig in public. Etc.

Then dh comes home and wants u to buy a tight hot pink skirt and tall leather boots and grow ur sheital and ur like, u kiddin me? shock shock shock

Shoelover

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 10:41 am
I'm cracking up teehee

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 11:04 am
Op, don't confuse 'hot chanies' with well dressed, looked after, fashion savy ladies. Those two things are not one and the same.

Shoelover

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 11:06 am
^^yup.

chevi1

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:01 pm
Is a hot chAni equivalent to what is called a frecha in israel?

black sheep

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:10 pm
is there some kind of dress competition that I wasn't aware of? why can't each women dress how she wants, and leave each other alone? why should it bother a women if her neighbor dresses provocatively? if I wear a long jeans skirt and a long sleeve t-shirt and a tichel every day, does that mean my friend cannot wear a tight skirt and full wig and heels? why on earth would a woman be concerned that her husband might see someone who dresses differently than she does? are we all competing for our husbands attention?

count me out of this game. dress how you please, and I will dress how I please. I am that lady in the long skirt and long sleeve t-shirt with crumbs and baby spit up on it. and a tichel, my sheitel comes out for weddings and other special occasions. I feel comfortable and I hope you do as well in whatever you are wearing. and I know you aren't dressing that way to steal my husband.

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:18 pm
This thread has nothing to do with competition, or not approving of anyone's dress choices. We were trying to explain to the op what a ' hot chani' means, mostly without our personal opinions. More like the definition of 'hot chani'(eventhough I don't like that term).
Don't worry nobody's out to get your husband. Very Happy
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics