Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
ISO Thermos for hot plate for shabbos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:11 pm
ISO Thermos you can put on a hot plate for shabbos. Thank you.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:14 pm
Why the need to put a thermos on a hot plate? Food will stay warm for a number of hours in a good thermos.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Why the need to put a thermos on a hot plate? Food will stay warm for a number of hours in a good thermos.

And the insulation stops heat getting in, as well as getting out.puttung it on a hotplate would have very little effect.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:

For two day yt when it is ok to cook and heat food I want a thermos that I can take a signle portion of something from the fridge and put it on the plaata and have it stay warm for hours without burning. Would also be good to keep drinks hot on shabbos from the urn.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:20 pm
Use a regular pot or pan, or oven safe bowl, or a foil container. A thermos is not going to do what you want it to in this situation. Place the container over water so it doesn't burn.

A thermos can keep drinks warm without going on the how plate.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:23 pm
https://www.amazon.com/10-Stra.....;th=1

I've been looking into these but would prefer something that is more durable and can not break.

teachkids

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:35 pm
It's probably a halachik problem to put a thermos on the hot plate on shabbos besides not practical. You want something like corningware probably.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
For two day yt when it is ok to cook and heat food I want a thermos that I can take a signle portion of something from the fridge and put it on the plaata and have it stay warm for hours without burning. Would also be good to keep drinks hot on shabbos from the urn.

A thermos will not heat through even from the heat of the hotplate.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 2:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
A thermos will not heat through even from the heat of the hotplate.

I see I'm looking for something that doesn't exist now thank you. I just really don't want something breakable, and don't want disposable aluminum.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I see I'm looking for something that doesn't exist now thank you. I just really don't want something breakable, and don't want disposable aluminum.

What about your regular stainless steel or ceramic pot- a small one from your set?

Comptroller

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:15 pm
A thermos isolates from the temperature around. So the fact that it is a thermos will keep the warmth of the hotplate from reaching what's inside. So with a thermos, a hotplate will be less effective.

Either you use thermos, maybe you can isolate if further with a box or in your bed, or you use a hotplate.

Maybe you are looking for a dutch oven, a thick cast iron or steel pot, like Le Creuset.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about your regular stainless steel or ceramic pot- a small one from your set?

Yeah I just had in mind a small thermos that it would be so cute and convenient but I understand it does not really make sense practically now to save washing the pot and also seperate bowls to eat/drink from.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:03 pm
Why dont you get some ramikens or small cookware?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen