Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Weberman petition

marina

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:00 pm
DON'T sign this petition if you think it will magically fix anything in this particular religious community. It won't.

DO sign this petition if you want to show support for the victim and her family. They will see each signature and each message of support.

DO sign this petition if you want to give your rabbis a chance to take a position on this topic. The rabbis who will receive all the signatures are listed below.

BUT most of all, sign this petition if you want to take back your Judaism. Sign to disassociate yourself from those who pervert and twist our traditions and faith. Sign to show that your religion protects the victims and not the abusers, that your religion doesn't tolerate bullying those who have already been through hell, that your religion can't and won't accept this type of evil.

Read and Sign Petition Here

The specific Rabbonim asked to issue a statement are: the Agudas Yisroel (Chaim Dovid Zweibel,Rabbi Yaakov Perlow, Rabbi Shlomo Gertzulin,Rabbi Labish Becker); the Orthodox Union (Rabbi Simcha Katz,Rabbi Steven Weil); the Rabbinical Council of America (Rabbi Leonard Matanky, Rabbi Mark Dratch, Rabbi Basil Herring, Rabbi Barry Kornblau); National Council of Young Israel (Rabbi Perry Tirschwell, Rabbi Chaim Leibtag); Chabad- Lubavitch (Rabbi Osdoba, Rabbi Schwei, Rabbi Braun, Rabbi Heller); Satmar (Rabbis Aaron and Zalman Teitelbaum); and the Beis Din of America (Rabbi Gedalia Dov Schwartz; Rabbi Mordechai Willig,Rabbi Yona Reiss,Rabbi Shlomo Weissmann).

Last edited by marina on Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

marina

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:12 pm
Here's the news article that prompted this petition

http://nypost.com/2013/09/09/s.....yers/

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:25 pm
I signed it. I wanted to sign for my friend too, but I couldnt figure out how, cuz when I closed the page and clicked on the link in your post, it tool me to the signed page. so I just copied the address from the original imamother page and gave her that. will she be able to access it if she isnt a member?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 12:58 am
How can we get this to go viral? Can we start a FaceBook and Twitter campaign?

marina

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 1:01 am
Thanks Smile

I posted it on my FB page, but I don't have Twitter. Whatever you can do to help would be great.

marina

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 1:09 pm
Thank you to all who signed! I want to remind everyone that you can also send a message when you sign to give some words of encouragement to the victim.

Della

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 1:14 pm
Signed. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics