Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Petition to stores
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 8:59 am
Please stop putting everything on sale so early in the season! Summer barely started, stores are cleaned out of my size in a lot of things, and I need more things for my kids but don’t want to risk final sale because they are hard to fit!
If you put it out the next year on 50 percent off it will all go!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Please stop putting everything on sale so early in the season! Summer barely started, stores are cleaned out of my size in a lot of things, and I need more things for my kids but don’t want to risk final sale because they are hard to fit!

I wait for the sale so I can buy nice clothing for my kids at more affordable prices! If it goes on sale later in the season it will be too late for camp.
If you can afford it, you can always shop earlier.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:08 am
Can I add my own? Please have your A/C working in the summer. Even if you’re not hot as a saleslady your customers are running around in the heat and when I arrive to a store I hope for some reprieve and cool air.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:09 am
amother OP wrote:

Well this is a strange post.
Your complaining that stores are selling at affordable prices and selling their merchandise?!

There are plenty of stuff left in stores, hence their trying to sell their merchandise.

No, you won't have your pick like it's February, but there are definitely stock.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:13 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Well this is a strange post.
Your complaining that stores are selling at affordable prices and selling their merchandise?!

There are plenty of stuff left in stores, hence their trying to sell their merchandise.

No, you won't have your pick like it's February, but there are definitely stock.

Pretty sure she meant “making the clothing available for sale” ie on the racks. Not as in marking the prices down.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:17 am
watergirl wrote:
Pretty sure she meant “making the clothing available for sale” ie on the racks. Not as in marking the prices down.

It’s unclear whether she meant this or a markdown, but honestly the stores will continue doing whatever is best for their income and not for some individuals who have a hard time with sizes. I don’t understand why you can’t shop as soon as the clothing becomes available and you still have a selection. Personally, I’m so glad to shop closer to the summer when it’s on sale already. I’m happy that they are not only starting out now with full price. Although I don’t get the full selection anymore and can’t have every style in the sizes I need. You win some, you lose some.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:41 am
Poor store owners… they really can’t win!

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:44 am
watergirl wrote:

No she complained about "final sale" which usually means the item was marked down.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:44 am
Wait you want stuff to be full price longer ? Lol not signing that
I'm sorry OP!
Even though I feel you because I just realized that my daughter has not enough stuff and every store I enter is sold out in her size!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:47 am
Lol I work in a school full time and don’t have a minute to shop until the summer!

Which stores in lakewood are not on sale?

scruffy

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:51 am
Lil Legs is not on sale on their own site. It's basically sold out though

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 9:54 am
I actually really feel for frum clothing store and clothing companies. Their clothes have such a short life span. It’s only full price for less than 3 months. By the next session it’s not even worth what the store paid for it. And I’m saying this as a person who mostly shops once it’s on sale, and better if it’s from last season.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:05 am
SuperWify wrote:
I actually really feel for frum clothing store and clothing companies. Their clothes have such a short life span. It’s only full price for less than 3 months. By the next session it’s not even worth what the store paid for it. And I’m saying this as a person who mostly shops once it’s on sale, and better if it’s from last season.

But why do they create such a short life span?

giftedmom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:09 am
SuperWify wrote:

I think it evens out by charging so much to begin with

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:16 am
I love sale but have a promlem with the 'final sale'. Hard for me to bring the kids to the stores. And the sizing is so erratic...

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:39 am
They should stop overcharging so much that their products need to go on 50% off sale (I’ve even seen 70% off!) to get sold.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:
But why do they create such a short life span?

Because it’s the way the industry is set up. 2 new seasons a year. So that’s 6 months max for each product. First 3 months usually is full price but the last 3 months they become discounted because they need to sell out to make money to purchase for the next season and also to make space. The longer an item sits the less it’s worth.

Everyone wants the newest thing.

I’m happy I don’t work in this industry but I do work for clients that do and I see their struggles! As opposed to a kitchen store which never has to go on sale and sells classic pieces like China sets that can stay there almost forever. There’s no desperate rush to sell them.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:43 am
giftedmom wrote:
I think it evens out by charging so much to begin with

It usually does. I thinks it’s crazy to be pressured to buy something in February for pesach when they go on sale Lag Baomer.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 10:47 am
amother Opal wrote:
They should stop overcharging so much that their products need to go on 50% off sale (I’ve even seen 70% off!) to get sold.

The stores don’t markup more than 100% usually. The frum brands claim production costs are too high.

It will get sold even if there’s no sale. It’s always the last few pieces like size 14 boys pajamas, or size 18m footies that will be left at 70%. They still make money when the item is 30% off or more.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 11:00 am
I wait for sales and shop then. Every local store in my neighborhood (Monsey) allows to exchange sizes of the same clothing. Final sales means no returns or exchange to something else.
I shop with a tape measure and measure the clothing to make sure it's the right size.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics