Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Is anyone out there an older mom?

CS

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 1:18 am
I'm a 48 year old mom with three little guys - 6, 4, and 2. I also have 4 stepchildren 26, 24, 22, and 20 and 5 grandchildren - I'm looking for someone to talk to who can understand the problems of being a parent of little children while trying to be a doting grandmother to 5 more. I also would be interested in talking to someone who is in my age range with little ones to see what challenges they face that might be different than the younger mom (I.e. finding women to hang with that aren't 20 -25 years younger than you)

micki

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 9:29 pm
hi- I am not, but my mother is! I just wanted to reply for her cause her computer is down... she'll get to replying after things settle down here- her kids are aged 28 to 6 K"H and B"H my kids and my sister feel like siblings, and for a while my little sister had a really hard time with jealousy- its my mother!!!
she'll reply like I said later... but she told me to write for her

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 2:29 pm
<<I'm a 48 year old mom with three little guys - 6, 4, and 2.>>

wow! that's really encouraging for older women out there who are hoping to have children, or more children, that you had your three at ages 42, 44, and 46!

CS

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 3:34 pm
Baruch Hashem - my husband and I were very blessed. Number 1 was GIFT, number 2 came naturally 9 months later (while I was still nursing), and I also got pregnant with number 3 while nursing. When you read the articles on fertility after 40, it's even more of a nes. My husband would like to have more (oy vey) - and I say it's up to the Abishter - (keeping in mind that Hashem doesn't give you more than you can handle).

Nechama

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 3:31 am
I'm 37, does that count? I have 7 little ones ranging in age from almost 15 to almost 3.

CS

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 2:27 pm
Nechama - I guess in some circles 37 might be considered old.....hmmmm, I'm not sure I can exactly relate to that though. Kanayna hora on the seven and counting - I would have also loved more little ones

Nechama

Post Mon, Oct 04 2004, 2:15 am
LOL
I see what you are saying.
I am also, however, the daughter of divorced parents and in a blended family with a large difference in ages between my mom's kids and my step mom's kids. And my step dad's kids are not 'blend minded' if you know what I mean.

CS

Post Mon, Oct 04 2004, 10:12 am
In our situation, I didn't bring kids into the mix, my husband's lived back and forth between our frum home and a fry home - very interesting effect on the whole situation. What kind of age range is in your family? How old were you when they split and where did you live? Did you give your step mom a hard time?

Nechama

Post Tue, Oct 05 2004, 1:54 am
ChayaSara wrote:
In our situation, I didn't bring kids into the mix, my husband's lived back and forth between our frum home and a fry home - very interesting effect on the whole situation. What kind of age range is in your family? How old were you when they split and where did you live? Did you give your step mom a hard time?

Some of this is answered in the Topic "Blended Families".
We visited the state where my dad lived on alternating weekends. I am 14 years older than his first child in his second marriage. Both of my families are frum. (Now I can say all three lol or is it four?)

CS

Post Tue, Oct 05 2004, 2:09 am
that must have been difficult on you - travelling back and forth. I tried to see things through my step children's eyes - taking bags back and forth, split loyalties, etc. - can't say I was always successful though.

By the way, you didn't answer my last question - were you nice to your step mom Wink

Nechama

Post Tue, Oct 05 2004, 2:41 am
Actually in Blended Families I did post what could have counted as a response.
We were/are great to her and she to us. See my post there.

Liba

Post Tue, Oct 26 2004, 12:14 pm
I am not older but my MIL had three children after she had granchildren already. My youngest SIL is 2 and a half years older than my oldest daughter. My MIL's kids are 33 years down to 9 years (there are ke"h 10 children in the family) and her oldest grandchild was just bar mitzvah last week.

It isn't easy. My DH and his youngest sibblings had very different parents in wonderful and hard ways. Everyone, no matter where they fell out in the family, had advantages and dissadvantages. Younger parents have often have more energy and older parents have more life experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics