Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Give the mom a heads up?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Dec 21 2010, 9:41 pm
At dinner tonight, DS was talking about school and mentioned re: a friend that "when XXX was in his Mommy's tummy, there was another baby with him, but one was born alive and one was born dead".

I emailed the mom to let her know that her son was telling his friends, in case it is supposed to be a private issue (some families would mind, some would not).

Now I am regretting my decision. I specifically told her I didnt want details, I just wanted to let her know that it was being told at school. But I wonder if just emailing her may have embarrassed her more.

(she is not frum, or even halachically Jewish for that matter, but that may be besides the point. Just in case, im including it)

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 12:21 am
I don't think you did wrong. It might be slightly upsetting for her to hear but I'm sure she would rather know her son is either spreading news she may have wanted private or spreading news that isn't true.
I think it is fine. I would have told and would have wanted to know as well.

mamommommy

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 1:05 am
How old is your ds's friend? If he's young, then the mother probably (hopefully) assumes that he wouldn't be able to keep something like that a secret. Either way, you still did nothing wrong by letting his mom know.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 7:39 am
I'm just curious, what ever happened to phones?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 7:49 am
Ds and his friend are 6, and I got an email back from the mom saying she will discuss it with the dad and find out how it came up (they are divorced)

hope I didnt cause more animosity between a divorced couple

mama-star

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 8:22 am
you didn't cause any problems for a divorced couple, and I think giving the "heads up" was ok.

mommysc

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:45 am
I don't think you did the wrong thing. if chas v'shalom it was me, I'd want to know my child was saying these sorts of things just to have a heads up. you did the right thing, and I don't think you made any NEW problems for this couple.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette