Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Looking for a fantastic sheital, don't have a ton to spend

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 2:42 am
I don't cover my hair these days. I have a ratty old fall that I'm embarassed to wear when I go to shul or someone's house on yomtov. I'm losing my hair on the front of my head so even when my fall is in top condition, it looks a little stupid that suddenly there's a wealth of hair coming out from under the headband.

I would consider covering my hair again if I got a drop dead gorgeous sheital that looks 100% natural. and anyway I want something that looks good the few times a year that I do cover.

I'm so scared to spend a lot of money bc I know ppl who have bought expensive wigs that turned out to be lemons. also I know with customs you can't really tell how it will look until the final cut which was why I was reluctant to get one when I first got married.

so I would really like to keep my expenditures to under $1000. but again, I don't want anything that looks at all wiggy. I want something that would make people think I'm not wearing a wig at all (except they would probably know bc I wouldn't have thinning hair in the front.) is this possible on such a budget? dh said I could spend as much as I want (he keeps telling me to get a shevy) but I don't feel justified spending so much when I don't even cover.

I know a lot of women think their wigs look natural but to be honest, I see maybe 1 in 300 women with beautiful sheitlach. maybe it mostly comes down to cut and style? I don't know, but I need some guidance on where to go!

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 4:41 am
If you're looking for cheap for just a couple of times a year, some of the milano's are great. Personally, I have two. I have a medium length straight one, that I feel looks pretty wiggy, but I get so many compliments on, but I have seen someone else wear exactly the same one, but with the kind of bangs she had (mine has none, because I never in my life had bangs, wasnt starting just cuz I got marrier), it looked EXACTLY like her hair had before, and if I didnt know her well enough to know she was for sure covering her hair, I wouldnt know.
I also have the milano pony shaitel, and when it's freshly done, it looks very natural.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 8:57 pm
how much do the milanos usually cost?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 9:10 pm
If it's what I want that looks 100% real then I would very strongly consider wearing it every day, if not at least a few times a week. Would a milano hold up?

What's the going rate for a fantastic real looking wig?

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 9:20 pm
If you want a dark brownish sheitel with reddish highlights, shoulder length, full bangs I kno where you can get it for 1000. its really nice hair, soft and I think very natural looking. let me know bc they only have one and are trying to sell it.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 9:37 pm
thanks, but not my color!

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Oct 02 2008, 9:41 pm
what color are you?

yOungM0mmy

Post Fri, Oct 03 2008, 4:17 am
Milanos are not expensive, but I think you just missed your sale, which is even cheaper. Check the website to see if they have prices. I have had my straight one for 2 1/2 years, still looks great, but I only wear it Shabbos and Yom Tov when I got out, rarely during the week. I have had my pony one since last summer, wore it practically every day, still great too.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:26 am
I talked to dh this morning, he said a reasonable budget for me is $1500-$2000. but I still not sure I want to spend that much.

where can I go in this budget, in brooklyn, for something totally natural looking? I'm not 100% sure about getting a milano. I've seen their wigs online and am not impressed.....

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:40 am
http://www.wigsalon.com/sarahpalin.html

This is the latest.

ABC

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 5:38 am
what's a pony shaitel?

bbmom

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 8:25 am
Don't know if you're interested but there is a sheitel sale in Crown Heights today - the woman is selling Rebecca Wigs -I've never heard of the company before but someone told me she saw the wigs and they're really beautiful, soft, lightweight wigs. Starting prices are $600 and the longer you go the higher the price - I'm pretty sure everything is under $1,000.

Her name is Dina Bronstein and she's advertising a free cut with every purchase - she's very talented. Milano does not offer free cuts and cutting is expensive!

Even if you can't make it to Crown Heights today - you can call or email her and tell her your situation, she may be able to help you out.
dinastouch@gmail.com 718-756-9443

Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 8:50 pm
I recommend going to Viva and Abbi. They're # is 718-535-3900.
They have very decent stuff at resonable prices and they have exceptional SERVICE. So if ur not happy they will work u.

chavamom

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 8:56 pm
What about Jap Wigs? My neighbor got one, looks fabulous and I think the most expensive ones are $500?

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 9:08 pm
Rather than spending 1500 on one wig, try buying 2 or 3 decent ones on sale.

OldYoung

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 9:14 pm
My long Shevy shaitel cost under $2000. I have no idea what the shop in Brooklyn is like.

marina

Post Sun, Nov 23 2008, 11:18 pm
I have a friend who recently bought a synthetic for under 100 dollars. It looks fantastic on her and everyone thinks it is real. Good luck with spending ten times that amount.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics