Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Lubavitch-non Lubavitch
Previous  1  2  3

How many of you are lubavitch?
Lubavitch  
 62%  [ 17 ]
Not Lubavitch  
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

cy

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 10:57 am
freilich, first of all, I see you dont think he is actually alive but there are many lubabs that make believe he is, like they would write the rebbes name and instead of zatzal after they write shlita. And also no other chassidus or any litvaks think of their rebbe as moshiach, in fact everyone outside lubavitch that has a problem with lubabs is basically for the reason that they consider the rebbe to be moshiach and also that the rebbe himself thought he was moshiach.

gryp

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 11:35 am
um, why are we headed back in the direction of the other thread that was locked????

cy, some of what youre saying is true, some of it is misconceptions. if you are really interested, why dont you learn some history? go back to the time of chasidim and misnagdim and learn what those fights were about. in each generation, and in the nesius of each Rebbe there is much history to learn about what was going on.

"everyone outside lubavitch" ? are you sure? which groups are you talking about?

"and also that the Rebbe himself thought he was Moshiach" cy, you will not understand what this is all about, unless you learn what it is all about. learn some chassidus, speak to INFORMED people, and im talking about people who have learned almost every sicha and maamar of the Rebbe. then you will understand.

if you really do want to continue this thread and people really do want answers, and they are coming with honest questions and not with a mocking attitude, then we shall do so on the condition that nobody posts anything without a source. but I still dont see a point in this.

cy

Post Fri, Dec 03 2004, 12:36 pm
I'm not here to mock, just trying to understand thats all.

Rivka

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 7:22 pm
First of all the Rebbe never said he was Moshiach. Also the Rebbe cannot be Moshiach coz Moshiach has to be alive. Very few lubabs think the rebbe is physically alive so they don't go to his grave coz they say he isn't there and they don't let their kids or students go either.

The issue of Lubavitchers giving their minhagim is fine as long as they don't say someone is wrong in their view and bring down the reason by quoting their rebbe, coz not everyone is Lubavitch.
This site has to be a neutral and friendly place for anyone from any background so sometimes when I see huge lubavitch quotes is does put me off, some of you may get stuff out of it and others will not, so I often choose to not go onto certain threads coz I know I will not agree with the opinions so there is no point going on.

Motek

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 7:31 pm
Rivka, being that you are not Lubavitch, it's more than a bit annoying to read what you think the Rebbe did or didn't say. What have you studied of the Rebbe's teachings? And as far as your assertion about Moshiach, how about quoting a source for that?

The Rebbe made it quite clear he is Moshiach. There are dozens if not hundreds of sichos to back that up.

if the other thread was locked, why is this discussion happening here?

Rivka

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 7:49 pm
Motek I love how you make assumptions.
I spent most my life in luby schools and used to be lubab and married a litvak. I learnt maimorim and sichos and I never read once that the rebbe said he was moshiach.
I did hear that someone asked the rebbe if he was moshiach and he said he wouldn't answer the question, so why would he say he was moshiach another time? Another thing, any great person can be moshiach, they do not say they are, but once they pass on they cannot be moshiach.

Motek

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 8:43 pm
pardon me

when a poster writes:

Quote:
when I see huge lubavitch quotes is does put me off

I should have realized you used to be a lubavitcher Rolling Eyes

anyway, I will repeat:

Quote:
The Rebbe made it quite clear he is Moshiach. There are dozens if not hundreds of sichos to back that up.

you simply repeated the same information without a source

you said this should be a friendly place, well, you are sounding distinctly anti-Lubavitch and anti-the Rebbe

Quote:
any great person can be moshiach, they do not say they are,

source?

Quote:
but once they pass on they cannot be moshiach.

source?

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 8:53 pm
Questions to the Lubaviches here:

All great Rabbeim are spiritually alive, but how can a person who passed on be a Mashiach? He has to lead a war, after all and do many other things.

Also, was he from David's dinasty? Or from Yoseph's? And how do we know that?

and I have another question, but I will not post it w.out Yae's permission Wink

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Dec 05 2004, 10:10 pm
I am not pointing fingers at anybody but I think everyone should go read the guidelines that were put up this morning.

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 07 2004, 12:58 pm
before the thread is locked, this should be said: it is Not True that Moshiach has to be alive. There are many sources for this, from the Gemara, from the Zohar, from the Abarbanel, and Sdei Chemed. R' Soloveitchik wrote a public letter in the Jewish Press about this.

Yael

Post Tue, Dec 07 2004, 1:08 pm
ok everyone, if you did read the guidelines, (and if you didnt -do so NOW!)
you have noticed that it says please do not discuss anything political, For example: this thread!!
therefore, even though I understand that some people have innocent questions and are just curious, this whole thread is becoming alltogether negative.
therefore it will be locked.
anyone who still has questions may pm a lubavitch friend and ask them.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics