Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Lubavitch-non Lubavitch
1  2  3  Next

How many of you are lubavitch?
Lubavitch  
 62%  [ 17 ]
Not Lubavitch  
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

supermom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 6:41 am
I have been reading the comments and answers on this site, Please would everyone just stop and think just for a second of what you are saying and doing. A lot of us are not lubavitch here and it is not right that people are killing eachother with there halachos or hashkafot if it is not lubavitch it is not good type of thinking. Mad I was brought up lubavitch and married a litfish (don;t know how to spell it) and you know what? The halachos are practically the same but not the hashkafot and you can't barge on a person who's hashkafot are different. Confused I am confused isn't this website for everyone and not only Lubavitchers? Try to be sensitive!!

Last edited by supermom on Wed, Nov 24 2004, 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 7:15 am
please bring quotes of barging.

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 3:32 pm
Supermom I have tried to be sensitive conc this issue,in another thread. You have to understand The Lubavitch women are very close to the lubavitcher Rebbe, he guided so many and gave dollars to women, spoke at conferences to women, Can you blame us for being proud of who we are,and want to share! ...
My question is why does'nt anyone bring the other Rebbeim up, I would love to hear from you storys etc about these great people, the more the more the better!

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 3:37 pm
Also I noticed the title struggling couldn't it have been lubavitch and not Lubavitch we are not at war C"V shock why the 'struggling?'

Ozmom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 9:37 pm
Super please don't take offence but I think it works both ways
I think its primarily a communication issue
when we bring up a lubavitch source for example it doesn't mean we are disparging all other sources, and I think to take it that way is to be too sensitive

an example:
someone said something in a thread that most everyone lubavitch and non lubavitch disagreed with. I came in and braught a source to negate what she was saying which in itself didn't have a source. It just so happened that the sefer I was quoting from was lubavitch.
Along comes a litvish person who all along was saying the same thing as me but all of a sudden because I quote a lubavitch sefer she started arguing with me.
It totally didn'nt make any sense. I asked her what she was on about and she never answered so I could only draw the conclusion that it was the lubavitch issue.
I agree that we should be more sensitive to others and try not to overwhelm you with the lubavitch thing but from your part could you all try to be "dan lifchas zchut"

my point is. we quote from Lubavitch and our Rebbe because thats who we are and those are the seforim we use, notbecause our intention is to put down all else. I for one have litvish relatives and friends, and they don't get offended if I bring up a lubo source.
my great aunt married a litvish man and he is such a chassidishe litvak
singing chassidishe nigunim at the shabbos table.
WE ARE ALL YIDEN
We are such a colourfull people but we are still one and need to learn to accept one another.
like that joke about moshiach coming and going into every shule but ppl telling him he can't be moshiach cause the pinch on his hat is wrong, his yarmulkah is the wrong type etc etc

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 9:54 pm
Well said, Ozmom.

Ozmom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 10:50 pm
Thankyou RL Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 12:10 am
I think that we all should try to bring sources when possible, and be sof in our speech - this will resolve most of the 'arguments' here.
And personal issues should be resolved over pm.

after all, we all believe in the same G-d and His Torah!!!

micki

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 8:47 am
what is the point of this thread? we are jews. some have black hair some blond some tall some short some lubavitch some litvish. who cares?
we are not here to discuss the merits of both, we are here to connect women form all over in a safe fun frum place.

for those of you offended by lubavitch quotes, please don't be- the same way that when you were little "my tatti said" was the HOLIEST phrase around, for lubavitch the rebbe is all our tatti's.

if we keep quoting and saying sources as he said hem, then open your hearts and learn from them. don't decide based on where the source came form that its treif. the same I do when I hear other sources quoted here. obviously we all have brains and when someone says something that contradicts or is different than I learned I won't decide that that is right, I'll ask my rav my hubby if this is how we do.

everyone knows there are different minhagim, I won't eat kitniyos on pesach, but others will. and if someone says that it is allowed, well use your brain! becasue some are and some are not.

so yael I think you need to delete this thread entirly or lock it because I don't like this he says she says arguments. there is no point to this.

gryp

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 10:12 am
and still no one has brought any "barging" quotes. does that mean there arent any?

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 1:28 pm
Micki, well said
. However if someone 'needs to air out' let them rather be open and hear replys, then bear a grudge! Open communication is Good if we truly want to understand each other.

supermom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 5:33 pm
You guys seem to forget that I am lubavitch also and married to a non lubavitcher I know everything about the rebbe and all I am just saying that for the non lubavitchers on this site it seems that you guys are always in conflicts and RG I don't know how to post in a reply message sorry I am still trying to figure it out
frielich I don't know any stories from other rabbeim because like I said I was brought up lubavitch sorry if you want I could ask around This post was not to offend anyone but just to make a statement and if it did offend anyone SORRY

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 5:40 pm
Quote:
This post was not to offend anyone but just to make a statement

Then why the TITLE STRUGGLING??? Confused Confused Confused
and
Quote:
I don't know any stories from other rabbeim because like I said I was brought up lubavitch

Not from hubby eigther?? Surprised Surprised
Well even being Lubavitch I can tell you lots and lots of storys of other great Tzadikkim. I am waiting though for others who are not necessarily Lubavitch, and who marryed litvish etc to be bringing it up first! Exclamation Question Confused
Twisted Evil Otherwise I will start a whole new Thread Twisted Evil

supermom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 5:55 pm
You got me stumped!!! Struggling might have been the wrong word you got me sorry disagreements might sound a little better stories I tell him all my stories first he isn't really a talker I am the talker in my family I tell him all the stories about the rabbeim I will have to ask him in the morning

supermom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 4:43 am
could anyone tell me some stories of other rabbeim? I would like to hear some

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:05 am
supermom wrote:
I am just saying that for the non lubavitchers on this site it seems that you guys are always in conflicts and RG I don't know how to post in a reply message sorry I am still trying to figure it out

the lubavitchers on this site are always in conflicts? I dont think thats fair to say.

if you dont know how to quote, why not copy and paste, or tell us what is written and where. I am ready to see any kind of exact words, which anybody thinks is insulting.

micki

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 2:28 pm
why make the classification of lub.or not? everyone fights here!!!! personally I'm not sure who is what!!!!! its like saying that all english are slow.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 2:42 pm
Quote:
everyone fights here!!!!

and
Quote:
its like saying that all english are slow.

shock I beg your pardon Exclamation ... Talk for yourself only please Wink

micki

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 3:04 pm
hey- I don't think all english are slow- only one friend of mine Wink just kidding. I'm using it as an example of steryotypes!! Rolling Eyes

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 4:08 pm
Quote:
hey- I don't think all english are slow- only one friend of mine

You sure she's a friend, sounds more like a foe Exclamation
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics