Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Where can I give away Baby/Children Clothes??

Coffee3

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 2:04 pm
I have clothes that are in good shape or almost brand new. I am waiting for a clothes drive which I usually heard about before Pesach but have not heard of any this year.
Does anyone know?

baschabad

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 2:13 pm
I have a little stash to get rid of also! Anyone?

Tehilla

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 2:15 pm
ugh, someone dumped 5 bags of lovely baby girl clothes on me 0-6 months. I didn't look what season...but I so don't need it!

I can't bear to throw them out but have no koach to find somewhere for them.

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 2:42 pm
Tehilla wrote:
ugh, someone dumped 5 bags of lovely baby girl clothes on me 0-6 months. I didn't look what season...but I so don't need it!

Offer them on luach.com, craigslist or freecycle. Call a local agency that deals with homeless people or battered women. Post a note in your shul bulletin offering them to a good home.

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 16 2008, 2:43 pm
Tehilla wrote:

Offer them on luach.com, craigslist or freecycle. Call a local agency that deals with homeless people or battered women. Post a note in your shul bulletin offering them to a good home.

bbmom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 8:10 am
If anyone has 0-3 and 3-6 boys clothes for this season (fall/winter) and really would like to give it away, I have a friend who can directly benefit. She just had a baby and is struggling to afford clothing for him. PM me if interested.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 8:47 am
Call YI of Brighton Beach (you can search imamother for it because I've posted it a million times) - they PICK UP all clothes.

newu

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 9:45 am
are any of the clothes 18 months girl size? we really cant afford to buy new clothes but I really need some winter clothes for my daughter. If its the size I need or bigger, would you be willing to sell them to me?? please let me know if this is a possibility. I would pick them up if you're in the NY area. thanks.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 9:49 am
Mimisinger wrote:
Call YI of Brighton Beach (you can search Imamother for it because I've posted it a million times) - they PICK UP all clothes.

I have a tallll pile of kids', women's and maternity clothes. Do they take those, too?

Bored

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 12:15 pm
What sizes do ppl have and what gender? if they are in good condition I am sure ppl around here would love to hve them!

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 1:04 pm
Bored wrote:
What sizes do ppl have and what gender? if they are in good condition I am sure ppl around here would love to hve them!

yeah, we should start our own clothing trade/drive.

I'll take any boys clothes 18m and up! 8)

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 1:59 pm
GAMZu wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:
Call YI of Brighton Beach (you can search Imamother for it because I've posted it a million times) - they PICK UP all clothes.

I have a tallll pile of kids', women's and maternity clothes. Do they take those, too?

All clothes, linens, shoes and handbags.

Young Israel of Brighton Beach
718-385-5002 - They pick up, you call they tell you when they will be in your area, and either you can leave it on a porch, be home, or leave it outside. They'll leave you a receipt.

Everything has to be in plastic bags, no boxes.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 2:42 pm
Thank you so much Mimi!! I have really a whole bunch of things that need a new home (for those that asked, I don't have a lot of kids' clothes in any one size... just an outfit or hat here and there. Mostly maternity clothes I don't feel like saving till who knows when and regular sized nice suits that I haven't fit into since my first pregnancy.)

On that note... if anyone has nice boys' clothes size 7-8 they need to give away... Wink

Tehilla

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 2:51 pm
thank you so much Mimi.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 3:36 pm
My pleasure - I've had them come to me several times. Unfortunately, I grow out of clothes too often Sad

Also, I have a prob. with hoarding - so everytime, there are too many clothes that my drawers don't close well, I call them up and make an appt. Smile

Send along the number to your friends. They are very reliable - they always come on the day they say, and I tend to always leave the clothes outside in white plastic kitchen garbage bags and go out. They pick up and leave a receipt.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:56 pm
Are you sure that's the number, because it's perpetually busy. I called in the evening and figured I'd leave a message, but it was busy then, too.

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 12:41 pm
Be careful.
I have an aunt who is a widow. She contacted a certain organization to come and pick up the clothing of her deceased husband. She ironed the shirts and pressed the pants so that the poor people would have pleasant garments in tip top shape. When the organization came, the fellow dumped the items into the trunk of the car. When my aunt pointed out that these items were just laundered and presssed, the fellow replied "we are selling these for rags". You can imagine the surprise and hurt that my aunt felt.

Moral of the story: if they are good clothing and you want them to be worn again by someone less fortunate - then ask what they do with your donation (- other than making it convenient for you and tax deductible.)

GAMZu

Post Mon, Nov 03 2008, 10:39 pm
*sigh*
They don't pick up from BP. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries