Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Let's play "Save The Cake"

with a smile :)

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:03 am
My DD made this recipe. And wondered why it was so watery. We figured out why... instead of 2 tsp of water, she put in 2 cups!

What would you do to save it?

Easy Chocolate Cake
8 eggs
2 cups sugar
Beat for a few minutes until very smooth, add:
1 ⅓ cup oil
2 tsp coffee powder in 2 tsp water
¾ cup cocoa
1 ½ cup potato starch
½ cup ground nuts

Bake 25-30 minutes

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:27 am
Can't imagine that it's salvageable, unless it tastes good as is, then I'd serve it today, warm and gooey with ice cream om top.

patzer

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:37 am
Do you by any chance use margarine on Pesach? Maybe try creaming margarine, adding the wet cake and calling it frosting. Use it to frost your next cake.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 7:54 am
I think best cut your losses now. Adding more ingredients and spending time trying to save this will just waste more ingredients and more time. My helper made a big baking mistake yesterday too! It’s painful before Pesach when ingredients are so expensive and time is even more scarce than money.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:01 am
If it's not bakes yet I might bake it for a long time and serve in a parfait with fruit and ice cream.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:22 am
Multiply everything else by 48

Bake it on a slightly lower temperature for a long long long time and just watch it. No idea if it will work.

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 9:14 am
I would just bake forever and see what happens.

OP,
Please update us on what you did and how it came out. I am very curious as cake is always a priority to me.

AlwaysCleaning

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:16 am
I would add potato starch, bake till it's solidifies, and crumble it into a truffle

I have no idea if this will work tho!

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:17 am
I just made a,really easy chocolate cake and I remembered thst I had forgotten the cup of oil 5 mins before I had to take it out of the oven
It tastes,fine, just a,bit dry

with a smile :)

Post Sat, Apr 20 2024, 12:07 pm
Well, b"H, we had a pre-Pesach neis!

This cake was pretty important, because it was for DS10's birthday, and I didn't have ingredients to make another cake. I was low on sugar and actually ran out of oil and had borrowed a plastic cup of oil from a neighbor. So I started throwing in more ingredients. Everything was unmeasured. The 1/4 cup of oil I had left, a bunch of potato starch, but probably a bit less than a cup, some sugar and cocoa powder, some more ground nuts, a couple of eggs, and a packet of baking powder. I figured that the extra ingredients combined with the baking powder, which the original recipe didn't call for, would help, and make it more like a cake that calls for juice or liquid.

B"H, it came out great. I can't say it was the best cake in the world, but it had a pretty typical Pesach consistency, somewhere between cake and brownies, and I made two 9x11 pans, and we had whipped frosting so it was a double decker cake, and it got all eaten up by the end of Shabbos. And DS was so thrilled with it, and he got to have a proper birthday celebration on time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics