Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Psa it's gonna be cold over pesach
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:54 pm
flowerpower wrote:
No one puts short sleeves on Pesach. They usually do thin clothes with long sleeves and a spring jacket on top.

Can ppl link some of these for boys, size 3 and 6? I wanted to get one or two things like this for YT and didn't see much...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:59 pm
It's hard to find long sleeve shabbos for boys without it being a sweater or a button down

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:06 pm
I’m in Lakewood, everyone wears summer clothing for pesach.
If it’s cold and the kids are going out they will put on a jacket.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:08 pm
chestnut wrote:
Really, people spend precious time before pesach and buy full priced clothing for their kids "not intended for Pesach"? Lol

Because they need sizes.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:20 pm
Lakewood showing both days in the 60s. If it's sunny, it'll feel even warmer. My kids will likely wear some new stuff. Probably not the baby whose summer stuff is mostly sleeveless bubbles but the girls who have long sleeve dresses, they'll be so proud to wear it

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:06 pm
In the chasidish world nobody wears short sleeves over pesach except if it's above 80 degrees. Most ppl buy thin long sleeve sweaters or shirts and long sleeve dresses. Or cardigans.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Can ppl link some of these for boys, size 3 and 6? I wanted to get one or two things like this for YT and didn't see much...

Check out Lil leggs website. They have a decent selection.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:21 pm
Okay Bh I can hide under my spring jacket. Thanks OP for the heads up, It was on my list to go out tomorrow to buy myself something

chestnut

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Viola wrote:
Because they need sizes.

And because it's for Yom tov of Pesach

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Am I the only one literally stretching my kids winter clothes at this point in the season? Nothing fits them anymore. Nothing.

My kids outgrew everything before Purim and I had to buy (or retrieve hand me downs) basics in the next size already then. But iyH they'll wear this stuff again for the fall before it's cold enough for real winter clothes.

Chasidishlitvak

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:23 pm
This thread made me cry.
Klal yisroel is in tremendous sakana and we are here bickering about a PSA because our block does it a diferent way
We are better then this

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:44 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Im probably putting my kids in short sleeves and short pants but only for the day we're not going out for a meal. They won't be going out anyway if it's cold

Most people I know are putting on the new summer clothes for pesach Bec nothing else fits

because we buy winter clothing in July instead of November...
the whole shopping system is messed up in brklyn/lakewood... stores have been sold out of Shabbos clothing for weeks now

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:23 pm
chestnut wrote:
Really, people spend precious time before pesach and buy full priced clothing for their kids "not intended for Pesach"? Lol

1) the precious time before pesach is too late. If you want sizes you need to buy before purim the latest.
2) if you’re in a hot place it’s for pesach. If you’re in the tristate it’s for later in the year.

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:36 pm
I bought myself something new and it's frustrating because it's very summery and I wanted to wear it for yt
It's not shorts like the little ones but it's still somewhat white and has to be worn with sheer tights. Would you wear it anyway?

Ima_Shelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:14 am
I'm always super warm in my Rosh HAshana/ YK/ Sukkos clothing and chilly in my Pesach clothing. I don't think there is all that much to do about it since the 'early' part of each season when you are debuting your new wardrobe is not yet up to the weather of the rest of the season, at least here in the Northeast.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 11:54 am
Why would Pesach be summer clothes? It’s spring, wear your spring clothes.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Why would Pesach be summer clothes? It’s spring, wear your spring clothes.

But do ppl really have a wardrobe for every season?

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:18 pm
amother Honey wrote:
But do ppl really have a wardrobe for every season?

This. Most of us buy our kids summer clothes & make do with that we have (mix of summer & winter) for in between seasons.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:53 pm
I guess no nude tights, especially upstate ny

chestnut

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 3:31 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I guess no nude tights, especially upstate ny

Of course, nude tights, although in NYC. Have been wearing them for at least a month.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics