Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Psa it's gonna be cold over pesach
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:50 pm
After buying nice short sleeve summer clothes, doesn't even look like kids will be wearing them over yt. Chol hamoed Thursday will be in the high 40s/50s. Don't just dress your kids in their new clothes for an outdoor activity just because they are special for yt. You may have to dress them in their long sleeves.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
After buying nice short sleeve summer clothes, doesn't even look like kids will be wearing them over yt. Chol hamoed Thursday will be in the high 40s/50s. Don't just dress your kids in their new clothes for an outdoor activity just because they are special for yt. You may have to dress them in their long sleeves.

I think more often than not, Pesach in the north east area of the US is cold. Meanwhile, my daughter’s friend is in Orlando, where it’s sunny and 89°, so they can dress in their new summer clothes :-)

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:59 pm
What would we do without you micromanaging us?

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:00 pm
We buy new spring/long sleeve clothes for pesach, not shorts. My kids will be wearing that.
Supposed to be in the 60's here in NY over yom tov.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:00 pm
Lol I remember the exact same thread last year. not sure why people are always surprised that april isn't short sleeve weather.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:03 pm
Thank you thank you 🙏 op.
Can I have permission to use my beige spring coat please? Thank you 🙏 so much!
It is such a kindness of you.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:04 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Why would we do without you micromanaging us?

wow...what a rude response to a helpful PSA. Thank you OP for the heads up!

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:04 pm
Very disappointing 😞. I don't care what my kids wear I just want to sit out in the sun a bit after all the work. We already had days reaching over 70 so it's not farfetched to hope the same for next week.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:06 pm
Psa: not everyone lives in the same place as you! Or same country.

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:06 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
wow...what a rude response to a helpful PSA. Thank you OP for the heads up!

I may be wrong but the op to me has undertones of " all you fools ran to buy summer clothes for Pesach.."

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:10 pm
I love threads that talk about tristate area without mentioning location as if we all live in same area .

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:11 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
I may be wrong but the op to me has undertones of " all you fools ran to buy summer clothes for Pesach.."

No, obviously I myself wrote in my op that I also went out to buy summer clothes and now see I won't necessarily need them

Aurora

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:11 pm
OP, you sound really disappointed, and like you were super excited about these new clothes for Pesach that you won't be able to wear.

Is layering in some way an option for you so you can still enjoy them?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:13 pm
I can put the kids on their winter coats but still feel funny putting them in short sleeves and having them be cold for such reasons

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:17 pm
PSA, not all of us live where you do. Some of us live in other unspecified places
In my unspecified city, Pesach weather's gonna be in the low 60s.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:20 pm
amother Camellia wrote:

Everyone here is in such bad moods lately. Must be all the cleanser fumes we’re inhaling.
What is it with people looking for rude undertones in the most normal posts? I hope you’re not doing this in real life.

Dh - “Hi (* insert your name)! I’m home! You want me to bring in all these bags that are at the door?”
You - “I hear undertones of criticism. You just walked in. I’m exhausted. Why are you already complaining?”
Dh - “What? What did I complain about?”
You - “You said I left the bags at the door! I just got home! I didn’t have a chance to shlep everything to the kitchen yet. Why are you complaining? That’s it. I’m done with you…”

Hint- Don’t look for undertones. Be a little kind and forgiving. I know you’re exhausted. So is everyone else.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:24 pm
Who buys short sleeves for Pesach in the tristate? We buy them for shevuos. Last year was a fluke and doesn’t happen often.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:24 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I love threads that talk about tristate area without mentioning location as if we all live in same area .
You mean she wasn't referring to MA-RI-NH?

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:25 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

Hahah exactly I live in central Israel and for Chol Hamoed the weather is saying that it will be 101 F!!!!!!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:57 pm
Don't be shocked if you see PLENTY kids wearing short sleeves, short socks and summer shoes in this weather. It's pesach- weather doesn't count.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics