Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Office Salary
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:11 pm
I switched jobs a year ago for their reason. I was earning 50k for 28 hours a week and earn 65 for 24 hours a week job now. I would have stayed had my old employer matched but they weren’t willing to. They ended up replacing me with two part time people and I’m sure they are paying more.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:12 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I switched jobs a year ago for their reason. I was earning 50k for 28 hours a week and earn 65 for 24 hours a week job now. I would have stayed had my old employer matched but they weren’t willing to. They ended up replacing me with two part time people and I’m sure they are paying more.

How did you find your job?

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:16 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
How did you find your job?

A recruiter

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:26 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
OP seemed to imply in her first post that secretaries are starting out getting over $40/hr. That’s pretty close to a six figure salary.

Nope.
She said office jobs.

You inferred secretaries.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:46 pm
I have 10 years of office experience. I currently work 18 hours a week and make $95k. No benefits.
I am a great worker. When I'm at work I get double the amount done then the average women in my office so they pay me well. I'm also an expert in my field.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:47 pm
amother Oak wrote:
I have 10 years of office experience. I currently work 18 hours a week and make $95k. No benefits.
I am a great worker. When I'm at work I get double the amount done then the average women in my office so they pay me well. I'm also an expert in my field.

Wow that’s incredible and I think pretty unusual even for Lakewood

I have ten years exp and make in the 40k range for 20 hours and I’m also a great worker

I had a job where I had to take out the garbage and kill bugs and made almost half of what I’m making now. You bet I left. It took them two years to find a replacement

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:53 pm
amother Oak wrote:

Whoa. How did you get that far? I wouldn’t even dream of asking over $100 an hour for an office job!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:56 pm
amother Canary wrote:

Wow I should definitely switch! I make half of your first job for same hours!!! It’s just so hard to switch… especially since I like my job!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 5:56 pm
amother Oak wrote:

Wow sounds like a dream!!

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 6:29 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Wow I should definitely switch! I make half of your first job for same hours!!! It’s just so hard to switch… especially since I like my job!

It's very hard to switch, but there are 2 ways to climb the ladder - be at a place and become so valuable and so efficient that you get a raise even after you cut your hours - btdt.

Move on and get a salary jump and do the same as above. Btdt.

I will reiterate again, that this doesn't apply to office jobs that other people can do in the same amount of time as you.

When People are getting paid these salaries, it's because their employer value them and they usually work super fast and can accomplish what they do a lot faster than other people. Not everyone can do that, and that's ok, I am just explaining why these salaries may not be realistic for most people.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:49 am
Bumping this did salary’s go up since?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:32 am
amother Green wrote:
Bumping this did salary’s go up since?

Pretty sure salaries did not go up and if anything may have gone down a bit over the last year for new jobs

rkay

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:40 am
I think it went down.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:48 am
Went down (or at least not up) and a lot of businesses have been laying off ...

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 12:33 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
Pretty sure salaries did not go up and if anything may have gone down a bit over the last year for new jobs

Yes. someone at pcs told me that a few months ago. probably went down more since then.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 1:44 pm
Madison laid off a lot

A lot of new companies couldn't keep up with the salaries and have been laying off.

I'd love to start this thread again but for the current market.

(dunno why I do this, its just hurting myself for no reason because I'm not going to leave my job, but out of a morbid curiosity lol)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries