Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Kerem sem in lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 10:46 am
thanks - is every shabbos an "out shabbos"? My daughter is not thrilled with the idea of having uncomfortable shabboses every single week.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 10:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks - is every shabbos an "out shabbos"? My daughter is not thrilled with the idea of having uncomfortable shabboses every single week.

If you're asking about Bnos Chaim- they do an in-shabbos in the dorm every month or so.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:48 pm
My dd also is interested in lakewood sem. She is super nice. She's very smart but prefers not to have a pressure for academics. We live oot. We live far away so she wouldn't be able to come home too often. We have some relatives for once in awhile to go to but I wouldn't want to ask for too much. She is fine to go to people she would be set up with such as teachers etc. My dd is a very sincere frum girl. I was so happy to see this thread since we are looking into the lakewood seminaries so it's nice to hear about it and other people also looking into it.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:49 pm
It seems like kerem and bnos claim are both good choices

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:48 pm
There's also Migdal seminary in Lakewood. There's also a seminary in Baltimore and one in Phoenix.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
There's also Migdal seminary in Lakewood. There's also a seminary in Baltimore and one in Phoenix.

Baltimore is only second year at this point.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Marigold wrote:

What's the name of the one in Phoenix? And what's the website if they have one?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:55 pm
Torah dayschool of Phoenix & then click "community programs".

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:11 am
can someone please compare and contrast kerem and migdal. I am getting so many different opinions....

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:22 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Torah dayschool of Phoenix & then click "community programs".

I heard it has less than 10 students this year.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:37 pm
From another thread:

“Bnos Chaim got more academic and work based though it’s definitely a warm environment.

Migdal is much more intense and hard work.

Kerem has work and more “greasy” style girls (in a good way)”

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=20

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:15 pm
I just ran into the mother of my DD's friend who is at Kerem.
There are around 90 girls, this girl is one of 9 who are chassidish/heimish. The rest are litvish.
The girl LOVES it. There is a LOT of work. They are in school from around 9-4 and then 8-10 but they have tons of work outside of class.
They don't have Shabbos there. You can go to people you know in Lakewood or come home for Shabbos. (it's possible they will place you but it wasn't shayach for this girl so I don't know whether it's an option).

They are paying around $22,000 which includes the dorm.

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:43 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
There are around 90 girls, this girl is one of 9 who are chassidish/heimish. The rest are litvish.
The girl LOVES it. There is a LOT of work. They are in school from around 9-4 and then 8-10 but they have tons of work outside of class.
They don't have Shabbos there. You can go to people you know in Lakewood or come home for Shabbos. (it's possible they will place you but it wasn't shayach for this girl so I don't know whether it's an option).

Wow. Bnos Chaim is probably $10,000 less than that plus there are grants.

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Wow. Bnos Chaim is probably $10,000 less than that plus there are grants.

Kerem also has grants and I heard it's 15k not 22. Kerem is a new but fantastic seminary.

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 4:30 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Kerem also has grants and I heard it's 15k not 22. Kerem is a new but fantastic seminary.

Conflicting reports? Either way sounds like it’s significantly more expensive than Bnos Chaim.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 6:50 pm
amother Maize wrote:

Very possible. This girl applied and was accepted very late so it's possible that there was no financial aid left by then.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 12:06 am
amother Maize wrote:

The difference between those two numbers is probably FAFSA.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 1:16 pm
Delete

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:53 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Anyone know anything about the girl in Kerem who’s not Jewish? Is she becoming a giyores?

Huh?? I did not hear anything about this.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:24 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:

Wow…
American seminaries are just as much as EY seminaries!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info