Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Unicorns or dining room chairs
Previous  1  2

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Steel wrote:
We did ikea with removable covers that go in the washing machine. Costed $120 each.
Do you have a link? Thanks

TCR

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:15 pm
https://www.mybobs.com/
check this site, has some nice stuff for good prices

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:21 pm
I got Parsons chairs from Pier One in Vinyl. We keep cheap slipcovers from Amazon over them and it protects it from almost everything.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:22 pm
https://www.amazon.com/NORTHER.....ss_tl

something like this

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:24 pm
https://www.pier1.com/collecti.....19662

similar to this but faux leather material

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks I'm looking. Any you recommend?
I'm not a Costco member, can I order online?

You would need membership, but it is $60 (consider it added to your cost of chairs when you comparison shop) and then you have membership to buy avocado oil and almond flour for pesach.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
How can I get information on this?
Aren't all chairs bulk chairs?
Or are most chairs in Jewish stores custom?

I believe I saw it advertised in the ami last week. I don't have it anymore. Maybe you can call them for info.

Most of the dining room chairs sold in the jewish stores are custom, which is why they are so expensive.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:51 pm
Really love my vynil chairs. Easy to clean and they hold up beautifully. Pretty and comfortable too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:32 am
amother Pewter wrote:
I believe I saw it advertised in the ami last week. I don't have it anymore. Maybe you can call them for info.

Most of the dining room chairs sold in the jewish stores are custom, which is why they are so expensive.

I looked up their Instagram and it's 600-700 per chair for this sale. Clearly I am on a different planet.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I looked up their Instagram and it's 600-700 per chair for this sale. Clearly I am on a different planet.

You are mistaken. They say that the chairs are normally 600-700 but are about half price during their sale. I got last year, they are great quality and wipe down very nicely.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:37 am
I wouldnt get from on of the discount places like bobs or wayfair. The quality is poor and the chairs arent sturdy. That was my experience anyway.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:41 am
Someone mentioned lucite chairs- I have these and I love them.

They are sturdy, unbreakable, easy to clean, and are surprisingly quite comfortable. My dining room is smallish- and these chairs make the room look airy and modern.
They are up-to-date looking and very sleek.

They also stack up which is helpful when I need to clean or put away (I have 12 chairs altogether but normally keep 8 at the table- I stack the other 4 and put them away for when I have guests).

I may keep these chairs forever (I have them 5 years already and am still just as happy) but if I ever do decide to get a custom set of chairs- I won't throw these away. I'll stack them and save them as extra chairs for parties and guests. It's a really worthwhile investment.
We use them in the Sukkah also- they don't get ruined in the rain and they look stunning.

Here's a link to the same type of chair I have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:55 am
amother Glitter wrote:
You are mistaken. They say that the chairs are normally 600-700 but are about half price during their sale. I got last year, they are great quality and wipe down very nicely.

I apologize they are $350

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:05 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
I wouldnt get from on of the discount places like bobs or wayfair. The quality is poor and the chairs arent sturdy. That was my experience anyway.

What if we can't afford more? I'm looking too and found leather on Wayfair for $160-$200+.

And I found a Costco I like but it's five per member.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics