Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Selling Handmade Goods

HMSThunderChild

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 6:46 am
I'm trying to make some parnassa by selling the jewelry I make. I made a website [link removed, co tact Yael for permission to post the oink -mod] and I'm going to post to Facebook, but I'm not very active there and I'd like to get customers offline. I thought about advertising in the classifieds, but it's expensive and I don't know if it would work.

What would you do in my shoes? Should I put up flyers? Leave business cards in random places? I live in Boro Park and it would be great to get local customers. I'd rather deliver than have people coming to my messy apartment...

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:00 am
craft fairs and vendor events, definitely.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:58 am
Ask your shaitel macher, doctor's office, or any other friend with a business if you can hang a flyer in the waiting room.

Does your shul have a email broadcast list?
Send an email to all your contacts via gmail
Would your children's schools be ok if you send in flyers for them to pass around?
The buildings on 14 and 15 Ave always had ads in the lobby, with those snips to pull off with a phone number.
Whatsapp status, if you don't have ask a friend, brother, to post on theirs so the word gets around.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:40 am
HMSThunderChild wrote:
I'm trying to make some parnassa by selling the jewelry I make. I made a website [link removed, co tact Yael for permission to post the oink -mod] and I'm going to post to Facebook, but I'm not very active there and I'd like to get customers offline. I thought about advertising in the classifieds, but it's expensive and I don't know if it would work.

What would you do in my shoes? Should I put up flyers? Leave business cards in random places? I live in Boro Park and it would be great to get local customers. I'd rather deliver than have people coming to my messy apartment...

PMing you for the link, I would love to advertise for you (on my WHatsApp, FB and whatever) Of course for gratis- its nice to help another Ima...
FLyers, business cards in strategic locations, - Mikveh, N'shei gettogethers, Pizza stores, your shule.

Get some buzz with a referral raffle- Spread the word that if you refer a customer, you get a chance at a bracelet or whatever. Each purchase where a name is mentioned as a referral, gets put in a raffle for a weekly drawing .
SOmetimes you gotta give something for free to get referrals...

HMSThunderChild

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:11 am
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
PMing you for the link, I would love to advertise for you (on my WHatsApp, FB and whatever) Of course for gratis- its nice to help another Ima...
FLyers, business cards in strategic locations, - Mikveh, N'shei gettogethers, Pizza stores, your shule.

Get some buzz with a referral raffle- Spread the word that if you refer a customer, you get a chance at a bracelet or whatever. Each purchase where a name is mentioned as a referral, gets put in a raffle for a weekly drawing .
SOmetimes you gotta give something for free to get referrals...

Lots of great ideas! Sent the link. Thank you so much!

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:45 am
Just a quick story
I know a family
They were soooooo poor the mom use to go around picking up things from the trash and selling them at the flea market

One of her son’s grew up and had an idea.
He bought a few rolls of chain- the one you buy by the inch and make into a necklace.
He asked a friend who had a clothing business if he could put a small table in the front of the store. As a chesed, the friend said yes. It also attracted ppl to enter the store.
Today this son is a BILLIONAIRE. He wholesales 10k and costume jewelry

See if someone can let you put a small card table to show case your jewelry, maybe at a popular wig shop or even a nail salon

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 6:50 am
Just a quick story
I know a family
They were soooooo poor the mom use to go around picking up things from the trash and selling them at the flea market

One of her son’s grew up and had an idea.
He bought a few rolls of chain- the one you buy by the inch and make into a necklace.
He asked a friend who had a clothing business if he could put a small table in the front of the store. As a chesed, the friend said yes. It also attracted ppl to enter the store.
Today this son is a BILLIONAIRE. He wholesales 10k and costume jewelry

See if someone can let you put a small card table to show case your jewelry, maybe at a popular wig shop or even a nail salon

Also ppl like free- as in bring this add and get a free pair of earrings with your purchase. Or mention promo code EARINGS. They can be as simple as ordered from Temu .89 cents for 6. I’ve seen them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers