Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m a spoiled brat.
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:46 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
can you get a part time job that covers the cost of the playgroup? even if its just twice a week it would probably cover the cost. then the other days when she is out, you can have time to yourself

I was considering it, but it needs to be really low key enough to not come home with stress.
Since work stress always affected my home life…

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was considering it, but it needs to be really low key enough to not come home with stress.
Since work stress always affected my home life…

How about subbing?

You can do it once or twice or week, whenever its convenient for you and cover the cost of the playgroup. if you do a third day, then you come out ahead. and its more than worth it to send her out.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 12:31 am
I also didn’t want to give up my personal trainer and cleaning lady… I was working 2 jobs just so I could pay for them…
But then I was so stressed about working, I gave up my one job and the trainer, and I cut down on my cleaning help..
I am definitely less stressed now.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 12:42 am
Hard to say because I'm pretty low maintenance as it is.
I don't have cleaning help.
I do my own Mani pedis .
I do my own wigs.
I do occasionally eat out.
I do pay for a subscription to a fitness app
I do buy myself new clothes/ makeup fairly often but we are talking about an item or two here or there, usually reduced and never high end.

I suppose my biggest expense is eating well- good quality, varied and plentiful food and that would be very hard to give up.

Brit in Israel

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 3:02 am
'spoiled brats' what are your Husband's response for what you priorities your spending?
To your face and behind your back....
are they too busy working to pay the CC not to see you?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 4:06 am
Bentching all you people with a bracha that you should never be in a position to have to decide whether to feed your kids or give up your "musts"

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:26 am
A good yeshiva education for my kids.
Good wine for Shabbos (yes, Shabbos expenses are covered by my Father in Heaven...)

amother
Dandelion

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:42 am
All you ladies with a personal trainer, can you give me some more details on where you live, how much you pay, and how many times a week you have her?

A personal trainer is my dream, the first thing I am getting when I have more disposable income.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:44 am
Brit in Israel wrote:
'spoiled brats' what are your Husband's response for what you priorities your spending?
To your face and behind your back....
are they too busy working to pay the CC not to see you?

We are on the exact same page
We both agree that money is there to give us menuchas hanefesh, and for us, that is cleaning help every single day

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:52 am
For me - it’s cleaning help
But the way I look at it
You’re only a spoiled BRAT if when you can’t have it you throw a tantrum
I’m sure no one here will take food out of your family’s mouths just for clean floors

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:55 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
All you ladies with a personal trainer, can you give me some more details on where you live, how much you pay, and how many times a week you have her?

A personal trainer is my dream, the first thing I am getting when I have more disposable income.

I used one in Brooklyn. She is extremely well priced. She charged $60 for 30 minutes. I did it with a friend, so it was $30 each of us.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:03 am
This thread bothers me. Because of the implications and reactions. The correct thread or title should be “I don’t struggle financially”. Not “I’m a spoiled brat”. If you don’t have finances as a concern in your life, then there is no reason not to have cleaning help or buy yourself your luxury coffee or whatever it is. Obviously excess is excess and luxury is luxury and being overly materialistic is what it is too. But it is certainly not spoiled to use the money you have for the things that bring you menuchas hanefesh and make your life and your family’s lives simpler and more pleasant. Personally, I don’t struggle financially bh. (Yes I struggle plenty in other ways). So I am able to have cleaning help bh and even shop in the grocery closest to my house, which is not the cheapest… and I guess I could buy myself jewelry if and when I wanted to… (don’t usually want to…) But this whole thread is not about being spoiled.

mom_13

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:09 am
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
I used one in Brooklyn. She is extremely well priced. She charged $60 for 30 minutes. I did it with a friend, so it was $30 each of us.

Would you feel comfortable pm'ing me her number? Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics