Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
ATTN Authors of Children’s Books

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:08 am
If you wrote a children’s book that had illustrations, when reaching out to a publisher did you include all the illustrations with the narrative, or just a sample?

Also, re the narrative, would you recommend initially sending just the narrative, or including the introduction and other additives as well?

Thanks.

wordsmith

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:48 pm
If you are the author and the illustrator, both get submitted at the same time as one manuscript. If you are only the author, that is all you should send as the publisher will use their own illustrators should they buy the book.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 1:02 pm
Thanks for responding!

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 11:09 pm
wordsmith wrote:
If you are the author and the illustrator, both get submitted at the same time as one manuscript. If you are only the author, that is all you should send as the publisher will use their own illustrators should they buy the book.
Is this 2nd part true for most frum children's book publishers? I'm asking because I'm an illustrator and I'd really like to get into the frum children's books world. Would you say the best way is to send my portfolio to the publishers directly? For some reason I thought things weren't done that way anymore.

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 11:13 pm
Do the publishers have information about how to format submissions on their websites?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 11:14 pm
amother Maize wrote:
Do the publishers have information about how to format submissions on their websites?

https://www.hachai.com/guidlines/
Hachai does
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club