Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Freeze Eggrolls?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:02 am
Have you ever fried eggrolls (meat filling) in advance and frozen? If so, how did you reheat?

TIA!

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:05 am
I freeze them raw. I like this recipe a lot with obvious adaptations (I use a different ground meat) and her freezing instructions work great.

https://natashaskitchen.com/po.....olls/

Lakewoodgal

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 8:05 am
Chayalle wrote:
Have you ever fried eggrolls (meat filling) in advance and frozen? If so, how did you reheat?

TIA!

I always froze them raw and fried them fresh the day of. I never tried frying / baking them first and then freezing.

smss

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:43 pm
I have! Reheat uncovered, from frozen, at 400. They crisp up pretty well. Not AS good as fresh but definitely good enough to be worth not frying on yom tov.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 2:44 pm
smss wrote:
I have! Reheat uncovered, from frozen, at 400. They crisp up pretty well. Not AS good as fresh but definitely good enough to be worth not frying on yom tov.

Thank you! I will try this. I'm actually thinking of frying a bunch for YT and for meat board of DD's Shabbos Sheva Brachos...so I want to fry them in advance.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 3:16 pm
Yum! Mazal tov

I’ve had same experience as smss
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus