Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Can I freeze? Guests were a no show

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 10:05 pm
Ended up with a lot of extra food because our guests were a no show.
I would hate to throw the food out, is there a way to freeze leftover food or no?

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 10:06 pm
That’s so frustrating and disappointing! Many foods can freeze. What do you have?

Surrendered

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 10:09 pm
Absolutely. Most food can be frozen, if stored well and warmed up right. I freeze almost everything. Make sure it's sealed well with foil or plastic bag. What food are you thinking about.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 10:11 pm
I hear you, snd so sorry you had this done to you and your family. I’m sure that they had a valid reason. And yes there’s plenty of food you can freeze. You can save these for this Shobbos and Succos.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 10:12 pm
It depends what it is and when you made it. Things like kugel/starches are prob fine but meat or fish if you made before Friday is prob too long.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:20 pm
I have potato kugel, farfel, carrot kugel, roast, pulled beef, chicken, quinoa, roasted veggies. Like lots of each. Can't Believe It
I know fish doesn't freeze so I guess we'll be eating that this week.
All made Friday.

bargainlover

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have potato kugel, farfel, carrot kugel, roast, pulled beef, chicken, quinoa, roasted veggies. Like lots of each. Can't Believe It
I know fish doesn't freeze so I guess we'll be eating that this week.
All made Friday.

I freeze all that you listed Smile

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:35 pm
I would freeze all but the roast veggies. They would probably get mushy. Everything else should be fine, I've frozen it all

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:40 pm
Cooked Fish could be frozen. I do it all the time. Just rebake it in the oven

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:44 pm
How do you freeze sweet lokshin kugel?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 12:44 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I would freeze all but the roast veggies. They would probably get mushy. Everything else should be fine, I've frozen it all

Freeze now, Then you turn it into soup.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 12:49 am
I’ve had frozen roasted vegetables.

dessara

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 2:09 am
You can absolutely freeze the kugels and meats! I never froze cooked chicken or Farfel but from what others are saying it looks like you can freeze those too. Fish can definitely be frozen, I’ve done it many times. If you mean gefilte fish, the trick is to defrost it and once defrosted, warm it up in the oven to get rid of excess moisture. Then you can serve it cold and it tastes fresh. Look at this way: you just got a big head start on Succos:)

jflower

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 9:04 am
amother Gray wrote:
How do you freeze sweet lokshin kugel?

I cover the pan with aluminum foil and then put it in a Ziploc bag before freezing. When I'm ready to heat it up, I put a tablespoon or two of water on the top of the kugel and heat in the oven. It always comes out delicious.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 9:47 am
jflower wrote:
I cover the pan with aluminum foil and then put it in a Ziploc bag before freezing. When I'm ready to heat it up, I put a tablespoon or two of water on the top of the kugel and heat in the oven. It always comes out delicious.

Thank you!

a2z

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:31 pm
PSA: DO NOT FREEZE POTATOES

Highstrung

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:36 pm
amother Ginger wrote:

I recently made a Simcha and had lots of leftover roasted veggies . My DS gave me a great idea . He said he makes soups out of frozen roasted veggies , so I’m going to do the same . Don’t throw it out. Freeze it and use it but in a different way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics